This Page

has been moved to new address

Back to Life!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Back to Life!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back to Life!

Whew! I've got to tell you, as fun as it was to bring you all those strategies for getting your toddlers to eat, I sure am glad to have that last post done and up! I've been trying to limit my other posting so as not to inundate you all with reading material!

In the mean time, life has continued to go on as usual! This cute story from yesterday is one I just can't keep to myself!

DH, DS and I went grocery shopping last night (it's a Monday night family affair!) and DS spotted a dog! How do we know this??? (He isn't talking... AT ALL!) Well, while I was price comparing cheese, DH noticed DS hitting his chest (the ASL sign for dog is to hit your thigh with your hand, but DS hits his tummy or chest instead). My husband, knowing that is how he signs it, looked around a bit, but could see no reason for the sign. Then he noticed a lady's jacket hanging over her cart, covered in dogs!

Sigh... makes a mother so happy to see her little one learning like that!

Earlier in the day we were visiting our neighbors. On the floor in the corner they have a large (yet still smaller than DS) ceramic deer... DS kept going over to it (not too close), pointing, and signing dog! Ok... he's smart, but he doesn't have it all figured out yet! It's a start though. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 5, 2008 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Kelli said...

How cute! What a smart little guy you have!
Thank you for entering my giveaway and your sweet comment!
Hugs,
Kelli

 
At February 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Donielle said...

How do you sign dog? I was just looking online for that one today and it mentioned snapping? Yea, my kid won't snap. :-)

 
At February 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Donielle,

The sign for dog does include a snap... but you can also do it (and not be breaking any rules) by just patting your thigh. The sign that includes the snap looks like this... pat your thigh, then snap. When I do it with DS, I just pat my thigh twice.

As I said, DS does it on his chest or tummy, but keep doing it the right way and yours will learn it right down the road. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home