This Page

has been moved to new address

Today's To-Dos

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Today's To-Dos

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Today's To-Dos

Sigh... well, I don't hear DS anymore, so maybe he is actually going to fall asleep. It's been a crazy morning with him being tired and fussy (perhaps not feeling well today) and mommy really not feeling like doing all the mommy things (perhaps I'm not feeling well today either). I do have a number of things I want to accomplish during nap time... so we'll see. The first thing I did after putting DS down to nap is straighten up the mess he leaves in his wake. Since we have just one living area (kitchen/living room combined), not cleaning up his toys regularly leaves us in chaos! I've weeded out lots of the toys he doesn't play with as much and reduced the number of them and books that stay out here. That helped a lot! So what's next?? Well, if I could accomplish everything I want to have done before DS wakes up, here's what it would be...
  • fold and organize huge load of clean baby girl clothes (that takes forever because they are so small... lots fit in a "huge" load)
  • make last night's dinner for freezer (I was supposed to do this at the same time as making dinner last night, but we only had enough milk for the one recipe... so today I'll make it again. It was REALLY good though, so it's worth it! I'll post on it later on sometime.)
  • Make a batch of sugar cookies (we are having dinner with new friends from church Thursday night (V-Day) and I was looking for a fun hostess gift... I thought that yummy heart shaped cookies may be perfect for them and their little boys. :) If I can just get them baked today, I'll frost tomorrow!)
  • brown meat for dinner
  • Dishes from all the afternoon cooking

I'm so glad I took the time to make that list. Now that I see it all in print (well on the screen anyway) it doesn't look so bad. I think I'll start in the kitchen... that way when I get tired I can sit and fold as a "break"... plus, folding can always be done later if need be! :)

What are you doing today??

By the way... for those of you shocked by my declaration of wishing for more snow in these parts, I'm getting my wish today. We are supposed to be getting combo of snow and frozen rain through morning! It's already started... pray we don't loose power! Still... I love extreme weather like this... at least sometimes!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2008 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

Sounds like a productive day. I got half a day of work done before having to pick up my sick baby from daycare and now I'm putting off cleaning up the house.

 
At February 13, 2008 at 2:26 AM , Blogger Irene said...

Hey there, truly you amaze me. I was not that ambitious in my last trimester, are you nesting or something? Don't feel guilty for sipping hot chocolate and watching the beautiful snow fall with your feet up okay? Anyways, thanks for inspiring me to be a better homemaker:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home