This Page

has been moved to new address

Love that never blames!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Love that never blames!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Love that never blames!

I don't unabashedly (is that a word???) praise my husband on this blog anywhere near enough! I'm sure some of you have wonderful husbands, but there is not another man on this earth that I would want in place of mine!

I'll tell you straight out... if love is in the actions, he loves me way more than I love him! I hate that it's like that, but it's true. He never complains about the house, I complain for him. He never gives me a hard time (not a real one anyway) when dinner is unorganized or I've made some mess out of something, I do it for him. I'm constantly putting words into his mouth that he hasn't even formed thoughts for yet! And he wasn't going to!

We were searching the house today for a missing cell phone charger My Beloved needed for his trip (that he was supposed to leave for 5 minutes previously). We looked everywhere... twice. I found myself wading through the mess of junk on the book shelves, then the mess of junk on the kitchen table! The worst part is that I know he likes these surfaces cleaned off, but they have really gotten out of control... again! As I was moving everything, one thing at a time, to another "clear" space on the table in search, I was fighting tears knowing that this was all my fault and sure that I'd let MB down again... I was a terrible wife... everything bad happens because I can't keep our house... etc, etc! Ridiculous I know... but this is the path I took.

In the middle of my little woe is me and my homemaking abilities... I'm the bottom of the pit... etc, etc; My Beloved yells out from the bedroom how sorry he is for loosing the charger and not putting it in a better place! Now, if he had told me that he wasn't blaming me at that moment, I probably would have given a silent "yeah sure", but he was apologizing to me! I was overwhelmed by his love... a love that is blind to my shortcomings time and time again! When will I get that? When will I love him enough to only ever assume the best of him???

I'll tell you ladies... it's something to be loved like that!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2008 at 12:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

so sweet! He's a keeper ;)

 
At April 19, 2008 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

Just reading this post brought tears to my eyes. I tend to do the same thing that you do when it comes to taking care of my home, and my hubby sounds simular to yours, in that he never says a word or complains if things are not picked up. He encourages me when he sees that I am beating myself up. I am good at doing that to myself. I think God knows this about our selves and guides us to partners who help us to overcome our own weekness.
I am glad that you shared this about your hubby. We need to always remember how much we are loved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home