This Page

has been moved to new address

Frozen Chopped Spinach Tip

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Frozen Chopped Spinach Tip

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Frozen Chopped Spinach Tip

I know I haven't been around much this last week or so... and I do wish I could say I would be better, but things have been overwhelming as my list of things to do is out of control, and a large number of them are higher on the priority list than being online. I don't want to neglect you altogether though, so here I am for a quick stop in. I know many of you look to me for a weekly toddler menu. I never really did get everything done for that this week. Feel free to peruse past weeks menus... and I'll work on next weeks!

I do have a Kitchen Tip for you all though! I love to make Spinach Eggs for my son for breakfast 3-4 times a week. There are a number of ways to use spinach. You can get frozen chopped spinach, or canned spinach, or fresh... regardless, I always feel like I can't use it fast enough. I've tried to plan a spinach meal like Spinach Quiche during the week, but it doesn't work out that way often. So here's an idea...

We bought bagged, fresh spinach when it was on sale this last week (2/$5) and I chopped up one of the bags. I then spread the finely chopped (with my Pampered Chef food chopper) spinach on to a baking stone (a backing sheet would have worked too) and set it into the freezer to "flash freeze." When it was frozen, I scraped it, put it into a ziplock and slipped it into the freezer!

Now I can take a pinch or two of frozen spinach out for eggs whenever I need. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2008 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Becky said...

GREAT idea!!
Thank you!! My DD loves eggs and has them several mornings so this would be a way to splash them up!

Have a great day!
Becky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home