This Page

has been moved to new address

the WORST part of being a Mommy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: the WORST part of being a Mommy

Friday, May 9, 2008

the WORST part of being a Mommy

Ok... so I haven't been a mom very long, so I'm sure there are worse things than I'm about to share. Like having a child reject God... I guarantee that is worse! But for me... the mother of 2 little ones under 2, this is the WORST part of being a mom!... When some thing's wrong!

Let's just say that I'm going to avoid mixing Tornado and peanut butter for a while. I may not be a crazy person where anything "peanut" is concerned, but peanut butter is out! Since I first introduced it all those months ago, I've been watching him (now 17 months) to make sure he wouldn't have any sort of allergic reaction (being as that My Beloved was allergic for years growing up.) A few times when I would serve up peanut butter and jelly (please note: he has not eaten pb&j nearly as many times as my menus would leave you to believe... most of those days it turns out there isn't any peanut butter or I haven't remembered to make bread and therefore we've eaten something else) I noticed that *maybe* there was a little rash around his mouth... but then there was lots of food smeared all over... and perhaps it was the orange juice or something (he has very sensitive skin after all.)

Well today we took that little rash a step further. It looked to me like hives (you know... to me who really has never seen hives before), but just on his face. He was rubbing his eyes a ton and as time went on there was some swelling, and redness, and raised white areas in the middle of the red, etc, etc. Yeah... I hate this stuff! What in the world is a mother who works really hard not to be a panicy mom supposed to do now???

Well... long story short, the whole thing only lasted an hour. I delayed his nap by a little so I could monitory him (didn't want his airway closing up while he napped), then put him down when I noticed the rash disappearing.

Is this why they dedicate a day to us???

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Irene said...

I agree, sickness and owies are the worst (besides salvation)! My kids have not been completely healthy for about 3 weeks now, when will it end? At least you know that peanut butter is out and you discovered it at home and he's fine now right? I'm wondering if my kids can handle passion/orange/guava juice...

 
At May 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I'm glad that Tornado did not have a serious reaction. That would be bad!

I wanted to let you know that I used your idea of using a receiving blanket last week. Sarah Beth had a runny nose, and it worked great! Don't tell anyone, but I may use one next time I have a runny nose!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home