This Page

has been moved to new address

I want you to meet my family!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: I want you to meet my family!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

I want you to meet my family!

I must say that though I found no help, I am encouraged that I'm not the only one who struggles for creativity! It has taken me this long to come up with names for my family, but I do believe that I am finally happy with what I have selected.

I don't mean to misrepresent my situation. The fact is that until today I really had no idea what I was going to do for a name for my son, and only in the last day or two did I come up with something that *might* work for my little girl. Now I've settled on names for everyone (over the next few days/weeks I'll be going back in and changing all the references to each of them in past posts.) Since I'm making the switch and all, I thought this would be the perfect time to do some "formal" introductions. Settle into your comfy chair and come meet my family!

I married My Beloved on January 9th, 2005. We have one of the best love stories I've ever heard myself. Perhaps someday I'll share it with you. When we met, My Beloved (MB) lived in a one room cabin with a loft and no plumbing. They had offered him room and board in exchange for keeping up the computers etc at a local camp. He'd only been there a year, but it was right up his alley! We could have stayed there after we got married, but I really wanted plumbing! :)

During the day he works as the main "computer guy" at a local missions organization... a job he loves serving people he loves. I am thankful that the office is only minutes from our home. It comes in handy on days like today when everything falls apart just before the end of the work day. It made it possible for him to come home for a couple minutes to eat a quick dinner with me before returning for the rest of the night.

My Beloved is different than any man I've ever known. He's super friendly, has an amazing servant's heart, and would do just about anything to keep me safe and happy. He loves all things outdoors (hiking, hunting, biking, backpacking, campfires, hanging out in a hammock, and on and on), yet he says that he still would have picked me if he had known how much outdoor stuff he'd be giving up. He truly is the perfect man for me. He loves me in spite of me... and tells me all the time that it's the easiest thing to do.

Tornado (T) was born December 4, 2006. You may be able to figure out where his name has come from. Unless he's sleeping, he is ever leaving destruction and mess in his wake. When my mom was here in March she took to calling him the little tornado... I thought it would be an appropriate name. :)

Tornado is all boy... and all toddler! He touches everything and has grown amazingly tall in the last few months... giving him reach into all sorts of new places! Truly nothing is sacred any longer! He loves his new little sister (today I caught him with his finger in her mouth... I think he was being her pacifier except that she wasn't crying, at least not before he did it) and LOVES his daddy! As soon as I tell him "Daddy's home" he runs over to the door to look for him and wait. In the mornings when Daddy is leaving, My Beloved picks him up at the door to give good-bye hugs and Tornado turns and waves to me. If only my day were going to be that quiet! :)

He is also an outside boy like his daddy. He loves to look out the windows and has recently learned how to climb onto things so he can see out. On walks and in the car he looks for birds and other animals. He knows more than 30ish signs, but isn't talking outside of the rare "da da", rarer "ma ma" and a potential name for his sister. He is becoming chatty though and I imagine words are on the horizon! I'm already missing the quiet days of yesterday.

Sweet Pea was born March 7th, 2008. She was born at 6 pounds 10 ounces, but was down to 6 lb., 2 oz before she started climbing up again. At almost 2 months old now she is still in newborn sized clothes but is growing steadily... finally. She's still so tiny... Sweet Pea (SP) just seemed the perfect name for her. Not much to say about her yet as we are still getting to know her ourselves. Seems like she's going to be a daddy's girl too. She can scream when I hold her and settle down immediately when her daddy gets her. Doesn't bother me though... it makes my heart smile to see my children with My Beloved!

Then there's me... if you've been reading this blog for any time at all you probably already know some about me. I'm The Babychaser. When I chose that name for myself almost a year ago, I chose it because I couldn't think of anything else. I had no idea at the time that there was another baby on the way, nor how true it would be.

So who am I? I'm a lot of things. Like all of you I wear many hats, though most of them I'm still learning to wear. First and foremost I am a Christian. There are lots of ways to explain that first title, but let me try to simplify a little by saying that I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he came to earth a man, lived a sinless life and died on a cross so that I could be forgiven of my sins. Because of my trust in Him, I am made righteous, clean, and new before the Lord. Because of His sacrifice, I can have a relationship with God the Creator. I am not perfect, but I am forgiven. Everything else I do in life and everyone else I am in this life is with the goal of bringing glory to Him. (There... that was simple right?)

Other hats I wear? I am a wife, a mother, a homemaker, a teacher and counselor to whoever God brings to my path, I'm an encourager to those I have the opportunity to encourage, a friend to many, a photographer, and a small business owner (there's probably more). Like many of you, my hearts desire is to reflect Christ in my life and to be a Proverbs 31 woman (I have a long way to go on both of these!) My days are spent playing with my son, feeding my daughter, helping my husband, washing dishes (um... most days), doing laundry, procrastinating cleaning chores, editing photographs, dodging paperwork, way too much time online, ruining dinner, just hanging out with My Beloved, consoling tears, wiping noses, and learning... constant learning.

I'm trying to learn how to put my head knowledge into action. I'm trying to put off things like laziness and pride and to replace them with humility and... whatever the opposite of laziness is. :) I'm working to be a better keeper of my home, mother to my children, and helpmeet to My Beloved!

And basically... this blog is a place where I can share what I learn, tools I find and plain old life stories. It's also a place where I can ask for help, come for community, and find that I'm not alone.


If you've made it this far, thanks for staying! I've enjoyed having you with us... I've enjoyed introducing you to my family!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Marva said...

Wonderful post and it was very nice to formally meet you and yours!

I love the names! Have a blessed day!

 
At May 2, 2008 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I love "Sweet Pea!" Of course, I don't know your daughter, but it sounds perfect. At least until she is a toddler. My "sweet pea" could go by the name of Tornado now that she is almost two!

 
At May 3, 2008 at 1:30 AM , Blogger Laura said...

So nice to formally be introduced to your family! I enjoyed reading all about you and yours and finding out that we have several things in common that I didn't realize.

I too share your faith and was excited to read about yours. :)

And my first two children were born only 15 months apart and so I can totally relate with what you are going through right now - both the good and the bad - only those two are now 8 and almost 7! Of course I have added two more in these years, but I will always treasure those first mommy days when life was so crazy. Take lots of pictures - these days that seem like they will never end may very much seem like a blur in a few years. Photos will help to bring back the preciousness that you want to remember and serve to make you laugh at all the commotion of this time.

BTW, I love the names that you picked. :)

 
At May 5, 2008 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I tagged you for a "Tag 4." You can check out the details at my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home