This Page

has been moved to new address

Nap time anyone???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Nap time anyone???

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nap time anyone???


Generally I aim to keep baby blankets in my son's crib. There is enough mess around this house without blankets being dragged or strewn about. And he LOVES his blankets too. If I let him, ALL his blankets would be everywhere, all the time! Occasionally when we are playing/working in his room, he will grab a blanket corner from between the slats of the crib and pull it out. Most of those times he has trouble getting it all the way out. He pulls with all his might on two separate corners... one through one slat and the other through another slat. We who have more experience in life than he know that he won't get far that way. I love to watch though, waiting to see if he will figure it out. More often than not, however, he resorts to his proven approach of getting me to pull it out for him. In my opinion it took the same sort of problem solving to know that Mommy would know how to do it, so after he's given it a fair try, I either show him how or simply do it for him.


One of my favorite memories of this happens to be a day he didn't ask for my help. He was working very hard at getting his blanket out. I watched for a while, but then turned to finish putting clothes away in his dresser. Things quited down after a minute and I turned to see what he was doing. When I turned around, the sight before me was just adorable... and the first time I'd seen him do anything like it. He had pulled his blanket out just as far as he could... and it was just far enough that a corner of it lay on the floor. And on that little corner of blanket that reached the floor lay my DS's head, fingers in his mouth, just laying there. It was one of the cutest things he's done. :)


And on this particular day... the one that matches the photo at the top, he found his silky folded in a stack of clean laundry on the couch. Before I knew it he had grabbed it off the pile and was dragging it all around the house. Before I knew it he was all the way at the end of the hall, laying on the silky up against the door to his bedroom. Nap time anyone???

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Marva said...

Yes!!!! Me please!!!! I could use a nap!

too sweet! Blessings!!!

 
At April 29, 2008 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

Awwww! What a great memory! Love the blankie and his little legs in the jeans. He looks so cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home