This Page

has been moved to new address

He is Sufficient!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: He is Sufficient!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

He is Sufficient!

Still not a lot of time today, but I did just finish a huge thing from my business list, so I'm rewarding myself with a couple minutes of "me" time. And how am I spending that "me" time??? With all of you it seems! :)

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers yesterday! As if it could have gotten worse, turns out I had an appointment with clients at 1 that I completely blocked out! Thankfully they were an hour late so when they arrived I was working on things at the computer and not nursing (like I was at 1). The house was still a disaster and I was not the presentable self I like to put forward for clients. I did a quick scurry and apologized profusely for the state of things, then we got down to business. About 20 minutes in DS woke up and was absolutely screaming from his room. I just couldn't let it go on, so I brought him out with us. Thankfully they brought a 5 1/2 month old with them and are very baby friendly. On of them held my little girl, the other held their little boy and I had DS. We were quite the sight no doubt all "cuddled" around my computer monitor looking through portraits!

The unfortunate part of the whole thing is that DS was awake very early from his nap, so when they left a half hour later, he was still up... and nothing else really got done.

Today has been much better. There is more to do, and more of a rush on everything, but my state of mind is much better off! I did have time to spend with the Lord this morning before everyone was up. I asked Him simply to maximize my time and energy today! It seems he has. I'm still tired, and still not getting anywhere near everything done, but I am still plugging away at it. The good news??? Anything I don't get done today will still be waiting for me tomorrow (wait... now that I've said it I'm not sure it's good news after all!) :) Oh well... I simply need to work down the priority list. Now that business stuff is done, I'll work on getting DH ready for tomorrows departure! The 3+ loads of laundry on the couch (soon to be added to with the loads in the washer and dryer) and the mess on the kitchen table can wait!

My sweet husband made a comment to me a few days ago. He pointed out that many of my posts have been on the negative side lately and encouraged me to share with you something that has been encouraging me of late... God's sufficiency!

That's right! God is sufficient! He is all we need. In the midst of all the craziness going on around here, all the clutter, all the missed sleep, etc... God is sufficient! And praise Him for that!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2008 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Hey friend. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to be surprised by an appointment. You handled it so well! I understand what it feels like to have a messy house and a list you just don't seem to get to the bottom of. Thankfully on Wednesday Julia and I cleaned the house so yesterday and today will and have been organize/packing days for tomorrow's Kauai departure. Sadly, I threw out my back again this morning, first thing...so your encouragement that God is sufficient is very timely:) Love ya!

 
At April 25, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

Funny that your hubby would say that your posts seem a bit negative lately when I was just thinking how wonderful that you really want to find the time to pray and read your scriptures. That is what I heard. It actually was a kick in my pants to remember that I am not alone in this child rearing buisness. God is always there and He wants to help, we just need to listen and go to him for help.
Thanks for the reminder and being such a good example trying to do what you can with God's help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home