This Page

has been moved to new address

Learning for Little Ones: Homeschooling Toddlers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Learning for Little Ones: Homeschooling Toddlers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Learning for Little Ones: Homeschooling Toddlers

All my adult life I have looked forward to getting married, being a homemaker, having children, and then finally homeschooling them! Just over 3 years ago I saw the realization of my first dream when My Beloved and I were married. That was followed swiftly by my second dream as I was able, right from the beginning, to stay at home. In December of 2006 my third dream came true when DS was born (and now as I have another little one as well). Finally, my dream of homeschooling can be a reality.

When I started making mental notes and plans for future homeschooling (starting back in college and peeking during my pregnancy with DS), my thoughts focused mainly on homeschooling for the traditional "school aged child". For more than a decade I have been noting ideas from others, found online, or come up with on my own. Now that I find myself the mother of an infant and a toddler, I find that resources for teaching little ones are few and far between. Sure, I've been inspired by some who do work deliberately with their toddlers, but a Google search for "homeschooling toddlers" mainly brings up information for homeschooling "school aged" children with a toddler underfoot. That's just not me.

So, here is a place we can share and learn together! If you don't know just what to share this week, give it some thought and prepare for next week! Oh, and "little" is going to mean different things to all of us. Perhaps your little one is just a few months old. Is there something you are doing to help him learn? Maybe your little one is 2 or 3 or 4 or beyond... or 1 year old like my little one. Let us know how old she is and then share your teaching with us!

This week what I want to share with you all is the one thing I did find when I searched "homeschooling toddlers". The New Homemaker has a great article entitled Homeschooling Babies and Toddlers that you should read! I was reminded of a lot of the basics of being a stay at home mommy with a baby and some things I hadn't thought of yet.

________________________
What are you doing with your little ones? Write a post on your blog and link up here. Be sure to link directly to your Learning for Little Ones post. Feel free to use my little Learning for Little Ones banner at the top. Don't have a blog??? Leave your ideas in the comments section. :) I'm so looking forward to visiting your blogs and learning from all of you!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 1, 2008 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Becky said...

This is so wonderful. I am very excited to jump in and learn with you. My little girl is 21 months and I hope/plan to HS her. Thank you for the great resource.

Becky

 
At May 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read an interview of First Lady Laura Bush in Reader's Digest a few years ago. She recommended to read to your child fifteen minutes every day. I started reading to my then six month old daughter and I have been reading to my children regularly since... My daughter is now six years old and she reads to me:) I have noticed that reading to my children increases their attention span and vocabulary as well as some good snuggle time with Mom or Dad.

 
At May 1, 2008 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

That is a great article. Thank you for doing this series; I look forward to using what I learn with Sarah Beth.

 
At May 1, 2008 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

Great idea to do this blog topic. I added my link and hope it helps others. I have tons and tons of things that I have found on the internet and can't wait to share more.

 
At May 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Blogger klh said...

This is great! I've been homeschooling my 20 month old since she was about 9 months, and just today I, too, decided to start a blog to record ideas for future reference when we have other children and for others to see. I'll look forward to reading this for more ideas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home