This Page

has been moved to new address

A four things MeMe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A four things MeMe

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A four things MeMe

I've been tagged by Nikki... so here I go:

4 jobs I've had...
  • I was a waitress in a tiny Mexican restaurant at 14... yeah, it wasn't really on the up and up, but I didn't know any better back then.
  • Librarian in college (I started in food service, but after a lucky break [haha, pun not intended but VERY funny], an injury required a job change)
  • Teacher's Assistant in a deaf and hard of hearing classroom
  • High School English Teacher... for one semester! That's right... that job fit well. :) (Please don't expect my grammar or spelling to be what you would expect it to be!)

4 movies I could watch over and over...

  • Lord of the Rings (all of them... My Beloved and I watch them 3-4 times a year. Every now and then one of us says... "I could do the Lord of the Rings again". This means 6 nights of Frodo and the Ring. We break each movie up over 2 nights... it's just more practical... plus, if we don't I sleep through the second half.)
  • Anne of Green Gables (all of them... though we don't own them... I have to get them from the library... I could totally go for that right now!)
  • The Christy series... though we don't have those either and it's been years.
  • I'm currently working through the Love Comes Softly series from the library, but I can already tell that's going to be a favorite too!

4 TV shows I love to watch...

  • Well... we don't have a TV, but we watch 5th Grader online
  • We really enjoy Survivor Man too... but we can't get that online anymore.
  • When in hotels or something I like What Not To Wear
  • And... the Simpsons. I hate to admit it... My Beloved loves them so we watch them together. I don't know that I've ever watched it of my own accord, but we love to do everything together... and sometimes that means learning to enjoy what your Love enjoys!

4 places I've been on vacation... (note: all super interesting places I've been have been missions, not vacation... so I will stick to vacation places here)

  • Disney World (traveling from the west coast) ~ My grandma had a business trip there when we were kids, so they took my sister and I with them... it was super fun and I have lots of memories!
  • Cross country drive ~ back in grade school my family took a 3 week vacation/trip across the bottom row of states and came back via the second layer in a camper! So fun!
  • My Beloved and I spent our honeymoon in a beach house in Ventura, California (not far from Santa Barbara, just north of LA)
  • My Beloved and I joined some friends in a cabin in Maine a couple years ago. It is the same cabin My Beloved and "the guys" stayed in every year the previous 5 or so... we just changed it into a couples trip since they were all married now. :)

4 favorite dishes... (hard to think... I'm in a cooking rut these days)

  • Crustworthy Meatloaf
  • sushi... from a good restaurant
  • homemade pizza... though it doesn't always fill my "pizza craving" the way pizza delivered to the door would)
  • brownies, cookies, pie, cake... etc... Ok... I'm having a bit of a problem this week... there is none of this in my house, I'm going through withdrawals!

4 websites I visit daily...

4 places I'd rather be...

  • I too am perfectly happy to be at home!... If I had to choose though...
  • Maine... with my family (we love Maine!)
  • Northern Michigan... with my family (we love Nornther Michigan)
  • Southern California... with my family (just to visit though ~ that's where I grew up... I love these new places more, but I would love to visit and see people and such!)

4 others I'd like to tag... (I'm generally skeptical to tag... wouldn't want to bother anybody, but here I go anyway... I hope you all forgive me!)

You now know even more about me than before... I am SO sorry!

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I worked in food service a year in college, too. It was, well, interesting! I love the same movies that you do; I recently watched the Love Comes Softly Series, and you will enjoy all of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home