This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting dishes done with a toddler

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Getting dishes done with a toddler

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting dishes done with a toddler

Those of you who have been around a while will think this kitchen tip is nothing new, but with everything that is going on these days, this overwhelmed mommy started evaluating some "new" ideas for my schedule. There are many things I could share I'm sure, but today's post has to do with how I'm squeezing more time in for Tornado.

Business has gotten out of control, and it really is time to simplify. Part of our problem is that we are working really hard right now to make it so that we are never this busy again... only way to do that is with a new business model... and this one has a deadline. More on this later.

I've been finding that with all this work to do, spending time with Tornado and keeping up on at least some of the house things was virtually impossible. So what's a woman to do. I can't skip laundry and dishes completely! And though My Beloved has volunteered to step in everywhere needed, I hate the idea that he has to work a long day and then do all the housework, so I only take him up on that in the really tough spots. He is a better house keeper than I am after all.

So what to do, what to do? I've gone back to combining the two, time with Tornado and housework. It's been a while since I've really done much house keeping with Tornado. Generally he just plays nearby. Beginning last week however, I've reintroduced dragging a chair over to the sink to have him "help me" wash dishes. Really the way it goes is that I wash a plastic cup and bowl or two and he plays in the water in one side of the sink and I wash dishes in the other. Hey, we are together, he is having fun, and I'm getting those dishes done each morning. I've learned (mostly) not to worry about the cup full of water that gets spilled down the front of him or poured on the floor. Water wipes up easy enough. Plus, I tell myself it's like mopping that little place on the floor in front of my sink... soon to be the cleanest place in my kitchen.

That's it for my kitchen tip. From there we head to the back of the house and do laundry together... but that's for another day!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home