This Page

has been moved to new address

Home Sweet Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Home Sweet Home

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

If you've ever wondered whether or not absence truly makes the heart grow fonder, I'm here to tell you it is true! Though we really enjoyed our time away, those last days I was looking forward to returning home. I suppose you can tell the mark of a "long enough" vacation by whether or not you are ready to return home. Now I just wish I hadn't gone "tubing" up at the lake. I have all this desire to do things around the house, but I'm still very sore from the waist up! Today it's moved into my arms and I find most chores painful. Is this the mark of an old lady?... I just don't heal as fast as I used to. That may have been my last attempt at water sports of that kind. I'm just glad now that I didn't water ski... my whole body would ache!

We've been trying to pull the house back together. My Beloved and I made out a quicky menu last night before our (2 hour) run to Wal-mart. Things were a little bare around here. I jokingly made a comment to My Beloved as I was making our list (menu on one side and grocery list on the other), that I was making my lists on the same sheet of paper so that I could promptly throw it away when we got home. Hahaha, very funny... and then I did it. I haven't found it yet. I'll see if I can get the gist of it down here before forgetting it all. I don't remember the order much... I'll just have to figure something out.

Dinners:
Crab Salad, bread
Grilled chicken, yellow squash and zucchini (also grilled)
Chicken Kiev (trying a new recipe... I've never tried this before)
Pork Kabobs
White Enchiladas
Baked Ziti
Pancakes and eggs
Pizza
Chicken and Rice (Campbell's recipe with Cream of Mushroom)

(more menu ideas here)

Well... that is a start. It will get me through more than this week at least. Maybe I'll still find my menu. I just hate wasting time... and hate it even more when it's my own fault.

Now on to the other "finally home" tasks... laundry for one. Play time for two!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2008 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Welcome home friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home