This Page

has been moved to new address

Life is messy!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Life is messy!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Life is messy!

Have you ever stepped back to look at how messy life can be? I'm not talking about when your pre-schooler dumps cereal all over the kitchen table or when your toddler takes off his poopy diaper in the crib and smears it everywhere. No, those things are messy too, but they clean up easy. I'm talking about the messy you can't just clean up. I'm talking people, relationships, hurts... messes that seem impossible to clean.

Wouldn't I just love to brush my mess under the rug and have it disappear, or better yet... just walk away from it and start somewhere new. (I feel the same way about my house right now by the way... I looked around the house the other day and thought to myself, "Let's just move.") After all, this isn't my mess. I didn't cause it, so it wouldn't just follow me like so many other messes that we try to run from. This is one of those messes that we get in the middle of by being part of relationships, and there's nothing that can be done to avoid them.

I want so desperately to pack up My Beloved and our babies and walk away from the mess. Leave ground zero behind us and let someone else clean it up. Only I've found some problems with this plan. First, it's a LOT to leave behind, and I'm not sure there's any going back. Second, God calls us to, not only stay around the mess, but to walk through the mess with one another.
And third, someone else's mess would just be waiting where ever we go.

I know I have to do it, to stick around and walk through the mess over the next few years, but I really don't know how, and I really don't want to do it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 12, 2008 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Irene said...

I hear you sister! The mess always follows and I think God has a lot to teach us in the cleaning of the mess. Love ya!

 
At September 12, 2008 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm doing that right now too. Not pleasant. Not easy. Not fun. Not even rewarding. Just necessary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home