This Page

has been moved to new address

Is this what you people do every day?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Is this what you people do every day?

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is this what you people do every day?

The mornings are getting earlier and earlier around here. Last night I made a point to feed Sweet Pea at 9, hoping she'd go back to sleeping until at least 8. Nope. Tuesday it was 7:30, yesterday it was 7. This morning she woke me up 15 minutes before the 6:30 alarm. Oh, and she must have woken Tornado too, though his saturated diaper, jammie and sheets could have done it too. So there we were... two should be sleeping babies and a wanting to be sleeping mommy on the couch. It was a special time with Tornado, even though I was also nursing. Tornado and I cuddled up on the couch together. I didn't have new clothes for him with me, so we just cuddled under a blanket.

I am thankful that he seems to have gone back down. Though he isn't asleep yet, when I suggested going back to bed, he said "bed" and was all for it. We found him something new to wear and I laid him down with his blanket (on new sheets), and left the room. I am pleasantly surprised it went so well. Hopefully he will fall back asleep... it's not looking good.

Unless today goes surprisingly well, with early rising and all, we are taking this week off from Learning for Little Ones. Let me know if you've already posted yours and I'll be happy to link up.

Have a great day!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Little Mommy said...

LOL sounds like we are living a very similar life. I was so happy when littest man conked out early in the evening leaving me with some time to spend with little man (and once he went to bed, with Daddy). I don't think I had been a sleep for 30 minutes when littlest man woke up and wanted to nurse. I think I spent more time sitting up nursing him (several times and I mostly fell asleep while doing so) last night then I did sleeping. Just before 6 he decided he wanted to be rocked and I came out to the rocking chair in the living room and watched some early news. I finally got him back to sleep and went back to sleep myself only to be woken up by little man who had also saturated his diaper and pyjamas. Thankfully both are down for nap right now. I have an idea for Learning with Little Ones this week, but I don't have it typed up or any pictures for it so I can just save it for next week. Take it easy.

 
At September 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Daniel went through something similar a few weeks ago where he woke up earlier. I figured breast milk just wasn't enough anymore (he was almost seven months old), so I have started solids. Thankfully, he has gone back to sleeping until 7:30.

 
At September 26, 2008 at 11:46 AM , Blogger IF said...

I go through this too! Iza has to drink her water now to go to sleep. I need to cut that habit out but some nights she wakes up wanting more and on those nights everything gets soaked if I forget to change her diaper in the mid-night. I just tried a Rite Aid overnight pull up and that thing worked great last night! So we will see. Isn't great when they like to snuggle. Izabella is an early bird and sometimes I let her snuggle in the bed with me in the early morning, hoping she will go back to sleep but she usually doesn't. My 4 month old has been waking to nurse a lot during the early morning hours (1-5 am). It makes waking up in the morning harder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home