This Page

has been moved to new address

Just the 2 of us...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Just the 2 of us...

Monday, July 20, 2009

Just the 2 of us...

Photo by Babychaser

...and about 20 others. Saturday was the "World Wide Photo Walk" through Scott Kelby's blog. I really didn't much care one way or the other (I'm more distracted by the fact that I would be away from the kids a bunch that day), but My Beloved likes that sort of thing, so we signed up. But we didn't just sign up for one, but both of the walks in our area. And I'm so glad we did!

Photo by Babychaser

Many of you know our stance on being the ones to raise our children, but I find that my husband needs just me from time to time, and you know what... turns out I need him too. It was such a fun day!! We try to use babysitters only when business dictates it, but that means that we haven't spent any relaxed time away from home away from our children in a very long time! Sure, we get to spent evenings together after the kids are in bed, but many nights that is down in the greenhouse or folding laundry or policing a bedtime that isn't going smoothly. We do often get to sit and watch a movie together, but that isn't quite the same thing.

Photo by Babychaser

Saturday we got a sitter (though I wasn't feeling great about it) and I spent the day devoted to my husband alone! We had so much fun! We took pictures. We walked around town. We met new people. We held hands. We didn't correct or discipline anyone. We didn't worry when we turned and couldn't see a kid or when a car was coming. It was a very relaxing day.

Photo by My Beloved

As we walked around Walmart that night with kids in tow, we reflected on what a wonderful day we'd had. What a joy it was to be together and how that joy continued even now... walking around Walmart... with the kids.

Photo by My Beloved

It is important to be the ones to be with our children, but it's also important to be the one with my husband!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Christie said...

So, so true.... this is something I've been working on and reminding myself of lately. I think it's easy as a mommy to get so tied up in our little ones that we unthinkingly make them a priority OVER our husbands. I'm trying to daily remind myself that it's God, Hubby, Kiddos :)

 
At July 20, 2009 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

You know I feel the same way as you about raising my own children, BUT we had an exciting day alone this weekend, too! My parents offered to have the three older kids come and spend the night with them and my sisters who still live at home. This is the first time the kids have slept away from home (aside from when a new sibling was born and I was in the hospital). Hubby and I (and nursing Benjamin) had about 20 hours alone and it was so refreshing. And...when the kids came home, we had new focus and appreciation for them, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home