This Page

has been moved to new address

Clinging to Gratitude in a Christmas full of heartache

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Clinging to Gratitude in a Christmas full of heartache

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Clinging to Gratitude in a Christmas full of heartache

I've been falling behind on my gratitude journaling. And it's especially necessary when He allows difficult things in our lives. So here we are... no waiting for the new year to turn over new leaves (there are enough of them for that anyway!), we're starting right back here with number 104!




104. A "quiet" family Christmas with my family

105. Living where we do

106. My sweet and loving husband

107. Three babies to chase train up for the Lord

108. A God who can fill our voids (when we let Him)

109. God's literal Word (telling us exactly what we need to know)

110. Grace (oh how I need to learn how to offer it as freely as I receive it from Him)

111. hard times (so that I remember to turn to Him!)

112. relationships (even the hard ones)

113. new beginnings in Christ (where all new beginnings should start)

114. hope (He has overcome the world!)

115. that I can find my smile in even 5 minutes of gratitude!


Thank you Lord for helping me find my joy tonight!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Annesta said...

Gratitude has a wonderful way of changing us from the inside out. May the heartache you feel be soothed in tender moments of love showered on you by the Father.
blessings
~a

 
At December 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From your list:
111. hard times (so that I remember to turn to Him!)

It reminded me of a verse that stood out to me that I had read just this morning during some quiet time studying His Word:

Psalm 119:71
"It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes."

Once we are on "the other side" of affliction, if our heart was right towards our Lord as we endured the affliction (Lord, what do I need to learn from this experience?) - if we have a teachable, submissive heart during the affliction, He will teach us and when we look back at it we can also say with the author of Psalms 119 that "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes."

I like how your posts (and the gratitude in them) show that your heart's desire is towards our Lord! :-) I suspect that is pleases Him too!

DFIL in MI

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home