This Page

has been moved to new address

A new hobby

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A new hobby

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A new hobby

We went shopping today.

I don't think I've mentioned my new hobby.

Anyone want to guess what it is?


No?

Ok, I'll tell you.

I'm sewing. I used to do it some. Mostly quilting. That was before we were married... when I was preparing to leave for the mission field and sold my machine. I was going to buy one with the right electrical plug when I got to Bangladesh.

Then I got married and never went.

A friend of mine gave me her old one... but It was older and I never really got used to it. Plus, I was newly married. Then I was teaching high school. Then I was very pregnant and sick all the time.

Then another Christmas came and my mom was here. My Christmas present from my parents was a new machine, so we went and picked one out.

Then I never really used it. I had a newborn. And by the time he was 6 months old and I wasn't pumping and feeding by bottle and washing all the "dishes" from those things anymore, I was pregnant and tired and sick again.

Then I had 2 babies... and though it was a while before I was pregnant again... I had 2 babies. I picked at things occasionally. I did muster a simple quilt last year. Nothing fancy, but I sewed some left over pieces into a nice big quilt for our couch.

But now... now... now I'm ready to sew. I've caught the bug. I've been working on my son's birthday quilt... and have now decided to machine quilt it. But I have never machine quilted before. So I spent some birthday money on the feet necessary. One walking, one free motion.

In the middle of all this I found this blog with a ton of cute ideas and tutorials! And that led to this cute blog... more cute!


And today I bought fabric.

$45 worth of sale priced fabric. I chipped in some birthday money to help.

And I don't really have a plan for all of it yet (like all this cute pink)... but I decided to start collecting (and I know a little girl who loves pink!). I'm going to need some practice before I start free motion quilting on Tornado's quilt. And little projects sounded like good practice.

This fabric I have a plan for. Sweet Pea has a thing for pink! And a birthday right around the corner.

So I thought I'd try to make her a little birthday banner with some cute pink fabric. I didn't expect to find this adorable birthday like pink.

Not to mention so many coordinating together!

I'll have to show you how it turns out when it's done.


Then there are these. Don't they just scream spring. The longer I look at them, the more I love them together! I have plans for these cuties! I can almost see it in my head!


I don't officially know what to do with these yet, but they had to go together. My Beloved held up the top one and said, "what about this one?"

I wasn't sure if he was serious... but he was. And I love it. Especially with the other two.

So there. My secret is out. I'll try to keep you in the loop of my projects!


Do you have any favorite sewing/quilting blogs you use for inspiration??? You can never have too many! Share!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I love the fabric!!! So pretty. I dabble in sewing, but I have a temperamental machine so I don't do it nearly enough. Can't wait to see the things you make!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Megan said...

BabyChaser, What kind of machine do you have?

 
At February 8, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

I have a Jenome Platnium 720. I don't think they make them anymore... there is a newer model (760??)

It's a 3/4 machine instead of a full size, but for now it works great for me as I don't have a place for sewing always and always have to set up my area at the kitchen table and put it away again, so the lighter machine is nice. :)

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Megan said...

A Jenome is my "dream" machine. I have a Singer that my parents bought when I was younger. It has a really nice wood table. It's good for the amount I use it now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home