This Page

has been moved to new address

The *Little* Unveil

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: The *Little* Unveil

Friday, October 14, 2011

The *Little* Unveil

Homestead Made

Ok... so this isn't exactly the *big* unveil I had planned.  Or even hoped for. 

It's pretty lame actually.  But here goes...

I... have opened an Etsy story.  (head hung in shame)

Why is this something to be ashamed of?  It's not really.  Way back in April or May when I was still trying to sew on that broken (unbeknown to me) machine, I decided (and got blessing from My Beloved) that I really wanted to open an Etsy shop. 

Then I got sick

Then we decided I needed a new machine.  And we went on vacation.  And I was very very sick (early pregnancy) and tired.  And... so much for my big beginning of September kick off and unveiling.  A whole summer of (not) sewing.  Sigh.

The best laid plans... right?

So I set a new start date... middle of the month... end of the month.  October 1st!  (Ahem.)


Do you know how hard it is (for me anyway) to sew and sew at all.  Let alone to finish a project.  With 3 children 4 and under?  I'm sure some of you can and do it all the time.  And maybe I could if I didn't have so many projects going for our own family already.  But still, there is only one item in my Etsy shop.  One.  (This is where the head hung in shame comes in.)

So why share this shame with all of you?  Why even mention it until I at least look like I'm a diligent and productive Proverb's 31 woman who can "supply the merchants"?

Oh, I have plans... but nothing seems to actually happen.  One of my problems?  I have a bunch of things started and nothing finished.  Another problem?  Forgot to buy orange thread the other day.  Otherwise there would be a second really cute thing in that shop right now. 

My main problem???  I'm struggling to find that perfect unique and creative thing that would set me apart.  Oh sure... I can do all the same cute things everyone else already does.  I can even put a personal spin on it.  And I will do some of that.  But I would love to find something unique... and I'm at a loss.

So... enough whining! 


Hey... I opened an Etsy shop!  Wanna see

Yep... I only have one thing in there right now, but I'm working on more. (Isn't that little leaf cute?  It's like a little heart!)  I've got to say, I'm pretty excited about this little guy!  I have one decorating my home... but it's not quite this cute!

So... a little about my shop.

First of all... I'm still moving in.  This is a bit of a "soft-opening".  Maybe we'll do a grand opening when I'm ready.  In time for Christmas?  New Years?  Valentine's?  Now, let's not get too carried away.  :)

I'm calling myself and my shop "Homestead Made". 

But you don't live on a homestead?

I know, I know.  But it's our goal... and we started working on some of the behind the scene "homesteading" stuff a while ago.  It's a dream... but I'm going with it!  I'm hoping that the items I sell will be associated with all things home and "stead" (can I shorten it to that?)  Learning the old arts, and turning them into something today... something beautiful!  That, and I love the play on words.  It's just me.  Sorry. 

So, back to the question, Why aren't you waiting to tell us about this until things are a little more... ready?

'Cause I just couldn't wait anymore!  I'm too excited to have it be a single completely unknown listing that no one will ever see.  And... I may need the encouragement and accountability to get more up there.  You know, in the midst of making quilts for my older two children and our own bed before the real cold gets here (dreaming) and the wedding we are photographing in a few weeks that will make me miss my sewing machine terribly!  Sigh.  Sure... I can get more in there. 

The scary part, of course... will anyone buy???  I'm terrified... and I desperately need to support this new habit! (Without taking from our house/homestead fund anymore!)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Sarah @ In Pleasant Places said...

This is awesome news! I would love to make an etsy shop, but I doubt anyone would want to buy what I make :P But I love your little pumpkin dude. Very cute. Seems like I've got some saving to do!

 
At October 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutest punkin EVER! Off to a great start! Ma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home