This Page

has been moved to new address

My Latest Quilting Project

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: My Latest Quilting Project

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Latest Quilting Project

 
I started this last spring, before my old machine died for good.  The top was done and it was shelved.  It was meant to be one of my practice quilts as I learned to Free Motion Quilt... but alas, the machine did die, and I never got to it.  Until this last month.

I don't remember exact measurements, but that's my 5 year old holding it... should give you some indication. 


 
Turns out I have a couple friends expecting babies right now.  One's a boy, due the week my little one is expected.  The other, due this week, is unknown.  (I threw a baby shower for that mommy back at the beginning of the year... if I ever get those pics off My Beloved's Iphone, I'll share it.)  I'm so hoping it's a girl, because I really want to give them this quilt! 


In addition to having friends expecting babies, Sew Inspired has been doing a focus on Free Motion Quilting this whole month and challenged us to complete a FMQ project by the end of the month (today).  So here I am... sharing it.

You probably can't tell that some stitches are larger and some smaller.  And I probably didn't get a great shot of all the places the lines are jagged or my meander crosses over itself (a big no no), but trust me... they are there!


Over all I'm quite pleased with the way this quilt turned out!  And once I took it out of the dryer, all crinkly and lovely, all those little mistakes just vanished anyway. :)  I love it when that happens!

Visit Sew Inspired to see others who have participated in this challenge!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Your quilting looks great! I can't see any mistakes from here. Thanks so much for participating in Focus on Free Motion!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Béa said...

You make a good work on your FMQ, congrats.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home