This Page

has been moved to new address

Expectations and Failure

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Expectations and Failure

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Expectations and Failure

What is at the root of failure? 

?

?

?

It seems to me that what makes each of us feel like a failure is different. 

For one, it may be mountains of laundry left undone.  For another it may be picking up fast food for dinner... again.  Yet another may forget to iron her husband's shirts or miss a bill or fail to do crafts with her kids or gain weight instead of lose it.

See what I mean?  What causes each of us to feel like a failure is different.

A lot of different things make me feel like a failure.  Not having dinner ready, again, does it for me often.  Especially since I want so badly to stop eating out!  Stop wasting our money that way.  Make better food choices for my family than restaurant food.

And perhaps it's true... I have failed to do my responsibility.

But does that make me a failure?


I've heard it said that failure can only come as the direct result of expectation.   Of course I expect myself to be able to do it all, I expect perfection... so I fail often. 


What does God expect of me?  God, who knows how all this will end.  If He knows how many times I'll fail before I see victory over an area of my life (and I believe He does), then is it possible that instead of seeing a failure, He sees a work in progress?  Instead of being disappointed, He's there to pick me up and encourage my heart to try again?  To pick you up and encourage your heart to try again?

I want to encourage you ladies.  He is here to pick us up.  To encourage us.  Stop beating yourselves up, look to Him, and press on?




 Next week:  Lies and Failure


Participating here:
Click here

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Julie Sunne said...

Yes, I am a work in progress, and He loves me anyway. Great encouragement. Thanks.

 
At August 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get so wise??? I love you! Thanks!!!...<3 Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home