This Page

has been moved to new address

A little time away

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A little time away

Monday, July 16, 2012

A little time away

Won't find me at home today.  Yesterday we packed up and headed south for the first stop of our  two week journey.

The office My Beloved works for holds a conference each July (the same conference from our love story) and he stays busy working it.  Last year they moved it down to Baltimore and blessed our family by including us.  It's not a whole lot of family time because My Beloved is working long hours, but it's worth it to me.  We aren't home alone over night (I don't like that so much), we get to share our meals with Daddy, we can visit him in his "little cave" where he works on missionary computers for hours on end, and... we get to play in the pool every day!

The next part of our journey is, as yet, unplanned.  We're headed down to North Carolina for a week long vacation at a sweet Christian retreat, but... we can't check in until Saturday.  And we'd hate to drive the hour plus back home Thursday afternoon just to turn around and do it again.  Not to mention, the overall drive to NC is a little more than 10 hours.  And that's not counting multiple potty stops and nursings.  Let's make that 15 hours, shall we? 

So, in lieu of that 15 hour chunk, we're going to make it a bit closer to 10 hours and make our way slowly down to our destination.  I just don't know exactly what that will look like yet.  Camping?  Only if it's in the mountains.  Otherwise it will be too hot.  Hotel?  That is a bit pricier.  Not sure... as of now (and I'm pre-writing this) this section is unplanned.  What I do know is that during this time we'll be stopping somewhere to do laundry. :)  And probably be picking up some groceries for the cooler!

And then, the entire second week we'll be vacationing with friends (they have 2 kids not much older than ours--their youngest is the same age as Tornado).  It's a bring your own food and linens sort of cabin retreat.  We've never been there, so I don't know what else to say. 

What I do know is that I will have limited, if any, access to a computer.  If anything I may just moderate a few comments.  I do have a handful of posts scheduled, but if it starts to look like a ghost town around here in the way of moderated comments, you'll know I'm having fun! :)

I hope you all have a great couple weeks!  See you on the other side!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home