This Page

has been moved to new address

Catching up on some Sewing

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Catching up on some Sewing

Friday, July 13, 2012

Catching up on some Sewing

Ok... so I mentioned that my mom was hereI mentioned that we'd been sewing.  So here I am to report on a little of what is now finished... at least finished enough to wear. :)  This was my list of things to sew for Sweet Pea that never got done before the baby was born... and never since.  (Thanks mom for helping me catch up!)

Isn't this dress sweet???  (Butterick 3762)

I picked out the fabric and pattern last year, but then the sewing machine was broken... you understand.  I made a green dress from the same pattern last year.  This one's even cuter!

 
Especially when my mom put these cute little flowers on the collar.  

And the sleeves!

Another of the projects on my to do list was a couple slips.  We needed a little something to lengthen shorter dresses, and to make a couple more see through fabrics a bit more opaque.  Not to mention they'll add warmth in the winter.  (McCall's 4505)
 And what little girl isn't adorable with a bit of eyelet peeking out from beneath her dress???

Can I tell you a secret???  The slips aren't white.  Oh, the eyelet is... but not the slip.  We made them out of old (three cheers for upcycling!!!) crib sheets that were far from the original white.  Three babies far!  With my little Belle, we decided it was time for new ones. 

 Can you see that little bow at coming from above the eyelet trim???

It's attached to a little white ribbon mom sewed around the whole thing about 1/8 above the white eyelet.  It makes the whole thing look deliberate.  Love that!

 Then there's the bloomers... love me some bloomers!  Aren't they sweet.  Also made from old crib sheets! (Also McCall's 4505)
 There's another longer pair for winter... but it's not quite finished.


 Anyone guess what this was???

 It's a bathing suit!  Isn't it cute??  Complete with ruffle around the neck...

 and little leggings.

 I'm thrilled she likes it!

The next test is going to be whether it works in the pool next week. :)

No pattern for this one.  We kind of came up with our own pattern.  


Do you sew for your kids???  I'd love to see!


Participating here:









Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Nola said...

Wow that is so great. I wish I could sew, I can a tiny bit but not clothes. I want to learn, but I'm so busy with the kids and no one to teach me. Great work!

 
At July 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Oh! You should link your eyelet slips up to my Summer Dress Project! So pretty.

 
At July 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Hey Nola... fun to see you here! Wasn't sure if you were still reading or not. :)

I understand being busy. I'm just really learning to sew better. I've never done much of clothes... just quilting. It's something I'm making a priority though because there are so few options for modest, feminine girls things.. especially in the skirts and dresses!

I'd encourage you to give it a try!!! Then let me know you did!

 
At July 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Thanks Kristin! I'll just have to do that when I'm back in town. Babies are falling apart while I type right now (at a little kiosk in the hotel.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home