This Page

has been moved to new address

What's on the Table Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: What's on the Table Tuesday

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's on the Table Tuesday

Yes... I have been sewing. You wouldn't know it since I haven't shared in 3ish weeks, but I have been picking at it. Sometimes more literally than I would like... ahem!


And in the name of full disclosure, I didn't clear off or wipe down the table before throwing this baby down and snapping a picture. I thought about it... then I decided you deserve to know the truth.

Hey... at least I had my 4 year old clear the dinner dishes this evening. Believe me... it could be worse!

Back to the subject at hand... you've seen this project before. I showed you my "progress" in my last On the Table post. I'm really happy with the way they pieced together.

Then I quilted it.

Hmmm...

You can't see it real well here, but...


Here you go. This one shows it a little bit better. And this is one of the better photos.

I've made a new friend in bloggy-land, and in her honor I determined that I would show you this picture.

And then there is this one.

Yep... that's right. I took everyone of those stitches out... determined to try again. What I didn't show you is how badly part of the backing was folded over. Guess I didn't get a pic of that. It was trash it or do it over. One of these days we'll be doing it over!


In other news... I made these adorable bloomers!!! My mom made the skirt, I made the bloomers.

Sweet Pea loves them. I love them!

I'm totally making more one of these days!

Oh, and I said adorable... not perfect. Please disregard that little thread coming off the front!


And in my next big step in "apparel" sewing, I'm tackling this cute little dress for whenever the warmer weather comes around.

Look at that sleeve! I've never done sleeves before... let alone puffy ones! I got this done this weekend. One of these days I'll try the bodice on her and get it finished up. I only ever remember when she's sleeping!


Craving a little quilting, I dragged these pieces out a couple days ago. I'd cut it all out weeks ago, then got distracted by life or something. I'm so excited about this little project. It's going to be a baby quilt. I'm not sure if I have specific plans for it or not. I guess it depends on how it turns out. It's supposed to be one of my "practice" quilts for learning the free motion stuff!

And I've finally brought this quilt back out. I started it this fall for Tornado's birthday (oops). It was never finished when I decided to do the quilting by machine. I did some of the straight stuff, then tucked it away until I felt more sure of my free motion abilities. But really... the kid needs his quilt before he grows out of the tractors!

So I've decided to do these parts by hand as I had started them in December anyway. Isn't that a cute little donkey outline on the backing!!!


Ok... so I know this isn't sewing, and it's really my counter... not my table. But this is what I did today! 16 half pint jars of Cherry Berry and Mixed Berry jam for my pantry... with 2 more half pints in the fridge (from the left overs of each batch!)

And a couple cups of pureed mixed berries (left overs) for making syrup sometime.

The berries and cherries were gathered into my freezer last summer for making jam when all the berries were done being picked. But by that time I was 39 weeks pregnant. You do the math!

Finally... jam!

(The jars in the background [this is another one of those "glimpse into my real life" pictures] are all my beans and grains so I don't have to dig out the big containers when I need them.)

Feel free to ignore the other clutter!


So that's it for me today! Hope you enjoyed your peek!


How about you??? Do you have anything on the table??? (I say on the table because that's where I do my sewing... on our kitchen table. Your "table" could be in your craft room, in your lap, or anywhere else.) Are you working on any little projects? I'd love to know about it... and if you have posted on it, leave me a link so I can check out!


Linking up to:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Kristyne said...

That's right, you go girl! Thanks for jumping into the trenches with me :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home