This Page

has been moved to new address

What's On the Table Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: What's On the Table Tuesday

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's On the Table Tuesday

This weekend I actually got to sew! Between busyness, frustration with my machine and lack of desire (see previous), there hasn't been too much of that lately.

And it was sew (hehe) nice!

I finally got around to finishing this! It was only lacking a little detail:

This beautiful label!

I have huge plans for doing things differently the next time I do something like this, but I'm happy with the way my first attempt turned out.

I printed it right on the fabric. (I basically used this tutorial, but followed advice in the comments there to soak my fabric in a solution of 50/50 water and fabric softener, then let it air dry. This seems to have made it color fast. If you try it, make sure to experiment first. I had to do several tests to get it just right!)

What does it say?

I'm sure you can read the "100 Days" (click here for an explanation).

The rest is Joshua 4:24... "He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful, and so that you might always fear the LORD your God."

A great verse... and what it is talking about is the time God split the Jordan river so that Joshua could lead the Israelites to the promised land. Once across, Joshua built a memorial... 12 stones stacked together from the river. And "He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful, and so that you might always fear the LORD your God."

I hope this little gift, filled with rocks, will be a reminder of all the LORD has done in healing her body. And perhaps it can be a place to gather mementos of future times the LORD shows His power in her life.


Once I had that done, I was able to start a new project... yes, I do believe this makes 4-5 started projects and no finishes. But I finished the rock bag, right? That counts for something!

At any rate... I have plans for this one and so it moved to the top of the list. At least it's among the top. During our first fabric shopping trip we found these fabrics and decided (ok, My Beloved said it first) that it just screams a friend of ours. So, the gift was born. I didn't really know what it would be... or what it would look like... or how I would do it... but I knew these three fabrics would be in it together.

And now that I've been working on it a bit, I've decided I need more of it so I can have some too. It just might compliment some new dishes that we may or may not have purchased this past weekend.

Ehem...


These were supposed to be the finished squares. But I've never done a Wonky block before and didn't follow a tutorial (which would have reminded me that I would be losing lots in the size department), so I may be adding another layer to each of them. And I haven't decided yet whether they will all be together in one little table runner, or if I'm going to get to make two slightly different ones. I'll have to get back to you!

And I may like the ones with the leaves around the outside better... the other ones may be a little busy... what do you think?


How about you??? Do you have anything on the table??? (I say on the table because that's where I do my sewing... on our kitchen table. Your "table" could be in your craft room, in your lap, or anywhere else.) Are you working on any little projects? I'd love to know about it... and if you have posted on it, leave me a link so I can check out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home