This Page

has been moved to new address

Seeking Out a Schedule: Why it's important

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Seeking Out a Schedule: Why it's important

Monday, March 28, 2011

Seeking Out a Schedule: Why it's important

Here we are... another Monday of another week.

All too often Monday is "catch up day" in our home and today is no exception. Somehow the weekend always seems to take over, leaving in it's wake piles of laundry, dishes and projects. And I do mean piles!

But weekends, or even catch up days, are not what I want to talk about today. Today I want to talk about the everyday. Ann does such a great job reminding us how special the everyday is... but I have to admit to you. I struggle with celebrating today. I struggle with making today special.

I know that I can make each day sacred by remembering. Acknowledging. But how can I make each day special for my children when I'm so far behind, the house is so cluttered, and I don't have a handle on my priorities... my schedule... my duties.

Why is it that I feel the need to turn down a little ones request to read a story when I've just spent a heap of time sitting at the computer? Oh, but I need to finish those dishes. Fold that laundry. Organize that shelf. Start dinner.

On the days I determine to make a difference, I may not turn on the computer, but I walk around in circles. Accomplishing bits of this and that... but not really making a dent. I struggle with bringing out a fun activity or planning and extra special this or that for my kids when the house is in such disarray. Yet it's all so overwhelming. How do I conquer this towering mountain of duty so that I can enjoy a nice hike in the foothills with my children? (And so that my sweet husband can come home to a welcoming refuge at the end of his work day instead of a house of chores that still need to be done?) Is there hope?

I think there is. And, no... I'm not there yet. But, oh how I want to be there! How about you?

I've already started (I have to work ahead a little so I can have my thoughts about me for posting!) and I'm already starting to see a little progress... however slight! :)

I believe I mentioned that I wouldn't be sharing too much new info in this Suzy Series. It has everything to do with the fact that I've not arrived yet. I'm still searching. Experimenting. Learning! I do have a few links to share with you though... on the subject of creating a daily schedule.

We're doing this in baby steps, remember? Please don't be overwhelmed with how each of these ladies do things. I don't want you to grab one system and force it upon yourself, and certainly don't combine them all and expect yourself to be able to thrive at it. This week I just want you to read through some of them... and others you may find (share with us if you know of others!) Take a look... make some notes. Perhaps try your hand at making your own schedule of "dailies" (using these as inspiration). Start trying to follow some sort of routine/schedule if you have the nerve. But don't get discouraged. Whatever you come up with this week is only a first (of many) draft! I have a working copy, that I'll share with you Friday, hanging above my kitchen sink. I've already made several changes from the original as I learn how it needs to be tweaked to fit my family. And most of all... I've never yet, in the two weeks since I've started working on it, done everything on my list!

Remember... when starting a new routine, it's a goal you are working toward. Don't give it all up because it's not working after a week. Just keep picking at it.

We'll talk more about that at the end of the week or so. For now... happy reading!

Scheduled Homemaking ~ The Dailies
Daily House Cleaning for Homes with Small Children
Daily Tasks for a Clean Kitchen
Some Tricks of the Trade

I know there are more all over the internet... let me know if you find any!


Wanna start at the beginning??? Follow this link:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Anonymous Taylor at Household Management 101 said...

Thanks for linking to some of my posts of schedules. You are definitely on the right track -- you can't use someone else's schedule and expect it to work for you. Keep tweaking it, until it works for you. Then, as life happens and things change in your home be prepared to tweak it again!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Jan said...

Keeping-House.blogspot.com also just added her "daily attack plan with a toddler" on 4/2. Thanks for all your guidance. I sure appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home