This Page

has been moved to new address

Accountability: Time with God

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Accountability: Time with God

Friday, March 25, 2011

Accountability: Time with God

Just checking in briefly to report:

I didn't do as well this week as I had hoped, but I did way better than I have been!

Several times I took the opportunity to sit with the kids and do "Bible Time" and was so glad for it!

Yesterday in particular, we were behind on morning chores (which is to say that it was later than I'd hoped when we were finally wrapping up the kitchen clean up) when I finally announced for everyone to grab their "Bibles" and head to the couch. I didn't read long (so many distractions this particular morning), but did deliberately take time to pray... both before and after Sweet Pea needed to go potty ("right now"). I felt the difference in my attitude and outlook after taking that time to really talk with God! When I was done I took special time to pray with the kids... slowly and talked through it all. It was a great time with them!

Today I didn't get/take the time to sit and do Bible Time, but I made a point of walking in thanksgiving as I went about my tasks. It was such a blessing. My heart swelled with love for my littles and desire to be around them. That, in and of itself, was a real encouragement today! But the joy to be washing those dishes, tidying those messes, etc. was more than I could have expected!

I may not have been as faithful as I would have liked, but I know I grew in grace this week... and I'm excited to grow even more in the days to come!

How did you do?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home