This Page

has been moved to new address

House guest... Day 2!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: House guest... Day 2!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

House guest... Day 2!

Well... That house guest I referred to yesterday is still here and living large! I took a couple pictures of the counter area for you...

I really didn't think it was that bad. It was the middle of the day... and I'm working in here you know? My point with the pictures, I guess, is that I didn't think the mess warranted mice. But... since he's here... or she, or they (I really hope it's not a "they") I have deep cleaned the kitchen counter area.

I started with all the dishes... then dried them (don't want clean dishes on a counter that may get visited later on) and put them away. Then I cleared the counter of all things that belonged there and scrubbed down the counter... and the stove top (which really needed it anyway). I didn't quite get to the disinfecting stage (I figured the little visitor may be coming back... so what's the point.

When DH came home he brought gifts for our little friend (aka he stopped at the store for mouse traps) and placed them around. Two of them are on the counter (I've been working from the kitchen table anyway) and when DS is sleeping 3 are on the floor.

So... I got up this morning hoping to find a troubling and yet very exciting sight (hoping it wasn't on my counter, but rather on the floor)... yet no. The "special" gel stuff that is supposed to be better than peanut butter failed us. No little friend.

We went through the normal morning routines (well normal for "hurry, I have a doctor's appointment at 10") using the kitchen table (that is cluttered with all the counter top things) as my work space. We got all ready and left for my appointment.

We returned home and I began to prepare lunch... yuck! Let's just say the mouse had definitely been in the sink! There were some things in there, but not many because I've been working to keep it up (with a house guest and all). I was not happy... so after DS's lunch I went to work cleaning the kitchen again... dishes first... then the scrub down. Now... the kitchen sink is perfectly empty and clean!


Now I will go dry and put away all those dishes and my counters will be clean slates for our little house guest to scamper all over. Lovely!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2008 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Michael bought those traps with the gell and it works great. We had rats on our patio in SoCal. We put the trap right in its path and the gel took it out...it was fabulous. I am so sorry for you. Ants drive me batty in the kitchen. Hey didn't you have a mouse back when you were in SoCal in Oaktree? I remember when you moved out you found it nesting or something...I really am sorry for you:)

 
At January 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

We had mice when we moved into this house. We thought they were coming in looking for water. We caught and killed 6. Ugh! It was awful. Thankfully, they didn't leave presents on the counter top. And we didn't have children yet. Ugh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home