This Page

has been moved to new address

Altering my Menu to Please my Husband!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Altering my Menu to Please my Husband!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Altering my Menu to Please my Husband!

In my menu post this week I mentioned that I first pick a couple meals from my husband's favorites, then I fill in the week with some variety. I wish I could say that my menu shift this evening came from a sincere thoughtfulness toward my husband and trying to please him, but in reality, I simply forgot to look at my menu and thought... "hmmm... what should I make with the fish??? Ooooh, I could do that... he would like that".

So what did I do??? First off, I made the Tilapia into this Lemon Parmesan Tilapia that we have enjoyed before. Then I decided it would be good with rice (DH loves rice). Then I thought to myself... "oooh, he loves rice, but he REALLY loves rice pilaf!" This is when I got to the place where I decided to make something for dinner with the desire to please my husband in the kitchen! I was so excited about how excited he would be. I hate that I have gotten away from this mind set. It's amazing and sad how fast we forget to PREFER our husbands to ourselves, our desires, and our time. Really it didn't take that long to make the rice into Rice Pilaf!

I started with this recipe, used olive oil for browning the rice, and added chopped onions and mushrooms too! :) That was tasty! We never have celery in the house, so I didn't use any. :) I also used a powdered bouillon to make the "stock". :) It was really good, though I will add less or no Cheyenne pepper the next time. :) Not sure it needed it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I need to do a better job of preparing meals that my husband will enjoy. Right now, it's hard as I try to figure out how to cook with two little ones clamoring for my attention, but that will get better. Poor John is sick and tired of casseroles. We have a bunch frozen, and that is also what people from church have been bringing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home