This Page

has been moved to new address

A Thanksgiving Run Down

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A Thanksgiving Run Down

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Run Down

Many of you are signing off for some time to spend with family over the holiday. I think that's great... but for us, it's just another day. Don't get me wrong... we are very thankful for all sorts of things, and I'm especially thankful for 2 extra days My Beloved is at home with us and a wonderful CVS Black Friday sale that starts today (I'll be going out this morning). We just don't have any plans that make today any different than a normal Saturday or Monday. We will work on somethings, spend time as a family, My Beloved is sleeping in, etc. With no family in the area, things are pretty laid back compared to the Thanksgivings I remember as a child where we all went away on a mini vacation with extended family each year. It was like a giant 4 day party of fun and games... a huge difference from "I think I'll run to CVS this morning to catch some great deals... do you want a turkey sandwich sometime today?"

Oh, this isn't the way we spend Thanksgiving every year. Last year we were invited to join a couple from our church who had a handful of different people over. I made these cute napkin rings as a hostess gift. (Maybe someday I'll get the pictures up.) The year before I was days away from my due date with Tornado and long time friends came through town. They are the kind of friends to come for Thanksgiving when you are that pregnant and uncomfortable. They brought their kids and friendship, stayed with other friends in the area to give us a rest, and she pretty much did Thanksgiving for me... I helped when I felt up to it, but sat and watched the rest of the time. Oh gracious... our first thanksgiving married we invited a handful of "family-less" people from church and Bill's office to join us here for our first holiday. The year before that we were engaged to be married. I had traveled out here from Oregon and we made the drive to Michigan to be with My Beloved's family for the weekend (where we littered their home with a thousand little ribbon scraps as we made our wedding invitations--fun memories.)

So you see... we do stuff... but this year nothing. My Beloved's family couldn't come be with us (and we certainly aren't ready to drive with both children again so soon... (when we were out there in August, Sweet Pea screamed the last 2-3 hours of each stretch of driving and Tornado was only mildly better) and no one invited us this year. So here we are. It would have been fun to do something official, but in lieu of actual plans, we are exited to have a laid back no plans kind of day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home