This Page

has been moved to new address

Sometimes it's important to step forward

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Sometimes it's important to step forward

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sometimes it's important to step forward

Yes... that's right, forward, not back. When we get overwhelmed in our day to day, it is always good to step back and take a wider look at things. Maybe dinner is burned and the house is a mess, but in the scope of eternity... what does that matter. Well, tonight that isn't what I'm talking about.

My Beloved and I are wrapped up in the race for our next president. We each have our computers going and we are watching the states switch from blue to red and back... then back to grey and then to blue again on a little map. Things are starting to look, well... let's just say I was hoping for more red on the map. News headlines are beginning to shout "Obama Wins!" In such a situation it is easy to start mourning the loss of... well, a lot of things. In recent days, as I think of what life in this country could be like under Obama, I start to get a little panicy and upset. I start to... worry. I get stuck in the big picture of all the bad that could be coming our way: for faith, for family, for everything.

Not only do we need to remeber that our Lord is in control of it all and uses the bad for his ultimate purpose, but I would also suggest you look in a little closer to home... step forward, if you will, instead of stepping back. I'd like to share a "step forward" moment from our day with you all.

I was working on some pictures from a high school senior session we did yesterday, with Tornado on my lap. He was figity, but sitting pretty well. He was babbling off and on, so I didn't pay close attention when he started saying something new. All of a sudden I heard and understood. He was saying "PooPoo, PooPoo, PooPoo" (you all wanted to know that.) Usually he tells me this when he has already dirtied his diaper... but this time he was saying it with a clean diaper. And off to the potty we went! He told me he had to go... and then go he did!

What an exciting morning for us... the first of many victories in training Tornado to stay clean (we've had lots of victories in staying dry already.) The world is outside our control... everything is outside our control when you really think about it. I am going to do my best to try not to let this whole election thing get the better of me. I am going to focus in a bit more... on my family, my home, and my Lord. That's all He asks!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

What an awesome night eh? He had a dream and made it happen..

 
At November 5, 2008 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Marva said...

What a great prespective! Thanks for the post! Congrats on the great start to potty training!

Blessings!!!!

 
At November 5, 2008 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

Oh, the adventures of potty training! I will be so glad when it's over!

 
At November 5, 2008 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I am seeing this perspective in a lot of places and really like that fact! Couldn't agree more.

Congrats on the potty training success. I am training the little girl I babysit... it's coming. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home