This Page

has been moved to new address

Keeping afloat???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Keeping afloat???

Friday, October 31, 2008

Keeping afloat???

Life is Hard... and these days I feel like I'm barely keeping afloat. What's the problem??? Nothing. Allow me to give a few minutes of insight to that contradiction.

I've been struggling for some time. I'm not going through anything many of you haven't gone through, or aren't going through right now, but I am indeed going through it. I am a work at home mom with a toddler and a baby. My house, though somewhat organized, is a mess by our standards, my toddler needs a ton of my attention as we deal with attitude and obedience issues and my baby girl is becoming a tad bit clingy (which I secretly love, but makes things difficult none the less.) Where was I??? Oh yes... dinner is late most days, bath time gets missed too often (both mine and the kids), I feel frazzled, I feel tired, and generally I feel guilty when I drop the ball on everything (at least that is the way I feel) again. I'm tired of ending each day dreading my "failures" of tomorrow... and just really want to enjoy my children.

So why am I sharing this now? I'm warning you of some potential away time to come. No, I'm not going anywhere physically. I'll still be right here, but I may not turn on the computer... and if I do, I may not sign on. I've been seeking encouragement from my husband, through others' blogs, books, and ladies at church and have come to the conclusion that I need to back away from everything I can. This wonderful blog is on the "can let go" list.

What does this mean? Well, this doesn't necessarily mean I'm not blogging anymore... I just enjoy it too much! What it does mean is that I'm giving myself a pass to let it go when I need to. Some weeks I may be able to blog everyday, and some weeks I may not show up at all. What is important is that I do my best before God on the jobs he has given to me. That is to help my husband, train up our children and to care for our home. Somewhere after those things is this blog and computer time in general. I'll try to post menus when I can, but I'm freeing myself from "failing" when I don't have the time. I'll do my best to have Learning for Little Ones posts up around Thursday sometime, but if I don't make it, I can rest assured that I was doing the better thing.

Discipline is something I have to work hard at, and I'm in for an intensive practice time in the next weeks and months. I hope you will stick around to catch what I am able to post... and hopefully I'll be here more than I'm absent... in the mean time, thanks for being with me! I love you all!

Before I click "publish post" and go off to one of a thousand duties on my list, I do want to share a few things with you. The following are sites where I have found much encouragement in the last couple weeks. I hope they are a help to those of you who are where I am right now!

Raising Godly Tomatoes... this lady has written an whole book online. Read through the chapters! What an amazing insight to raising children. I'm working on making Lifestyle Tomato Staking our way of life!

Some tips for staying afloat... I found this today and was deeply encouraged by it! In fact, it has been the straw on the camel's back leading to this post.

Money Saving Mom's post here... she addresses a couple things at the bottom of the post.


Hopefully I'll be around again soon...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 31, 2008 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I am right where you are too. And though it is hard to give up - even for just a time) these things we enjoy and get encouragement from, we can rest assured that we are doing the better thing. The thing with eternal rewards.

God bless you as your rethink your time these days and I will be checking (when I have the extra time)to see what you have to share.

Hey! maybe this will give me time to go back through your archives like I've been meaning to and catch up on some of your series. :)

 
At November 2, 2008 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Calina said...

I so totally understand. I thought I was the only one who didn't have it together.

The time spent with your littles are much more important than anything else. They grow way too quickly, I know, my oldest got married a week ago.

I, too, have had to let some of my blogging go. I still log on my daughter's schoolwork progress, mostly because I plan on using this as our state's required written narrative. But, I don't have time to show all the coupon savings and bargain shopping I do.

Blessings,
Calina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home