This Page

has been moved to new address

...to the least of these, you do to me...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: ...to the least of these, you do to me...

Monday, December 8, 2008

...to the least of these, you do to me...

Have you ever really thought about that lesson? Jesus tells his followers through a parable that whatever they do "unto the least of these" they are doing to him (Matthew 25:40). I've always thought of it as a lesson in serving others... we serve others because it shows love to the Lord. And it is. But this weekend I saw this truth from a different perspective... the perspective of the Father.

With Tornado's birthday being last week, I was reminded again how much fun it is when the kids get presents. My mom always used to say that she loved it when it was my sister's or my birthday, she felt like it was hers too. I feel exactly the same way. Our mail lady said something when delivering one of Tornado's packages last week... she brought it up to the door and said, "sorry, it's not for you." My response? It might as well be. I get just as excited about packages for the kids as I do my own stuff.

Well this weekend that same concept became a spiritual lesson for me. We did a high school senior session at the train station for a family from church. While we usually get a sitter for the kids, when we do free sessions for church people, we ask them to watch over them to save the money. While I wore Sweet Pea in her sling, Tornado played with the senior's mom at the station. Apparently they went into the gift shop to pick up a newspaper and while they were in there, Tornado found a train book (he loves trains right now). Our friend replied with, "yes, what a fun train book," took it from him and put it away. After she had it back on the shelf, the store clerk walked over, picked it up, looked at the back and called Tornado over to a bin full of toy trains. "Pick one," he said. And with that he put the book and the train into a bag and gave them to Tornado.

When our friend told me this story I was beside myself. That man blessed my heart so much with that gift to my son. I took Tornado back into the store to say an extra thank you... and now, I would like to say again... Frank, if you are out there, thank you for the special gifts you gave my boy!

The spiritual lesson? I can't even explain what a special thing it was for me that someone showed such random love to my little one. And if it touches me so deeply, how much it make God feel when we bless one another, his children, his created ones.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Marva said...

I agree completely! It touches mu soul to the core when someone is such a blessing to my children!

Blessings!!!

 
At December 8, 2008 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Irene said...

What a sweet man! I love it when my children get gifts too, they are gifts for us...new stuff to entertain us as well!

 
At December 10, 2008 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

That brought a tear to my eye! How precious! Judah (and sort of 'Lijah) LOVES trains right now, too. Guess what's comin' on Christmas morn? :-)

Which our little guys could play together!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Coco said...

That is so sweet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home