This Page

has been moved to new address

The day Disney came in handy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: The day Disney came in handy

Friday, January 23, 2009

The day Disney came in handy

Most days Tornado and I go out and meet the mail lady together. When we return to the warmth of our home, I try to find some piece of mail that is "his". This time there was a "Disney movie club" mailer. You know the type... buy 4 for $1 each today and then spend half your salary each month for more of them... oh and you can't ever get out of the club or maffia hit men will come after you and we'll still charge your card. Ok, so maybe it's not that bad... maybe. Regardless, we're not interested. This was the perfect piece of mail to let Tornado have, play with and destroy.

He set to work on the kitchen floor and I set down to accomplish something at my computer. Moments later he came to me with a small stack of papers, including 2 "sticker" sheets. One was labels... for labeling all those new DVDs we would buy, and one was actual stickers. I don't usually set Tornado loose with a whole sheet of stickers, but I thoughts... what better use. Had I not given it to him, I wouldn't have ever opened the envelope to know they were there in the first place... and besides, what will I do with them?


I grabbed a piece of computer paper and set it on the recliner (i.e. Daddy's chair) next to my desk. I gave him the sticker sheet and helped him get started. He had a blast... and almost entirely self-playing. He filled up both sides of the paper. Looked, talked about, stuck, tore (oops) and such with those stickers for a long while. As I thought about it later, that was free fun, easy entertainment, and made it possible for me to get some work done nearby. Oh... and good fine motor skill exercise too for those of you who care! :)


Visit Crystal's blog for Frugal Friday!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 23, 2009 at 9:03 AM , Blogger YKDWhat? said...

Aw, this is such a great idea! :) I love how he has all of those stickers right in a row in the last picture.

Feel free to share any of your stories with us over at ykdwhat!?

 
At January 23, 2009 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool tip, I had no idea! My kids love stickers, and I usually toss this right in the garbage. Now I'll check it for stickers first!

 
At January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Yes, stickers! Emma loves stickers. But she sticks them wherever she can find. So I find them all over. I have to limit how many stickers she gets at one time! I like getting those Disney things in the mail - not because I actually order it - but for the free stickers!!

 
At January 24, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Alana Jo said...

We got that same mailer today. lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home