This Page

has been moved to new address

Internet Down...and a little time reflection

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Internet Down...and a little time reflection

Friday, January 9, 2009

Internet Down...and a little time reflection

When the internet is down in our house, that means no phones too... so we take note. We had ice the last couple days, and though it's gone today, the internet wasn't back. We had assumed a line was down somewhere, but My Beloved called today and discovered that there shouldn't be anything wrong. With instructions to "press the standby button on top of the modem", we are back online. The word is that "someone" must have pressed it. I'd say that I have no idea how that would happen... but I know you would all laugh at me... I have kids! Enough said.

Is it odd that I got a real weird feeling just now while typing "I have kids"? "I am a mom"... sure... I'm used to that. "I have babies"... I can even get a handle on that one. But for some reason, just now, "I have kids" felt weird. Makes me feel... I don't even know. I am thankful that "I have kids" though... otherwise, I would feel a lot worse about the snot encrusted pants I'm wearing, or the rainbow (covered in spit up) shirts I'm ever wearing and washing. Yeah... that would be hard to explain.

Then there is something else that's weird... time. It seems odd to me that time can feel so fast at times, yet so slow at others... or sooo long in some respects, yet so short in others. Time is the same... whether our kids are sick and whinny all day (ehem) or we are having the time of our lives at the beach, a day still only lasts as long as it lasts. So when I say that I've been married 4 years, I have to take a moment to figure it out. Is four years long, or short? It sure was long when I was in college... and it must be, because I feel like I've been married to My Beloved for-wonderful-ever! Yet, then I think... Wow, it's only been 4 years?... like 4 years is no time at all. Throw into all this mess the fact that my 2 year old is already and only 2, and 4 sounds a lot more crazy.

All this to say, today My Beloved and I celebrate 4 wonderful years! To celebrate we are hoping to get the kids in bed a little early, eat the yummiest frozen pizza I've ever had (more on this another time) and just spend some time together (either a movie or games). I'm thrilled... I got to pick whatever I wanted to do!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At January 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Happy Anniversary! We feel the same way, that our almost eight years together feels like forever, but in a good way. We cannot remember what it was like to be apart.

 
At January 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Little Mommy said...

Happy Anniversary. I can totally relate on the time thing. Sometimes during the day I wonder how the day can just drag on and why it seems like forever before it is dinner time and my husband comes home. But then I look at either of our sons and think...has it only/already been 2.5 years/8 months since he was born?
We are watching Wall-E tonight. Very cute movie, and our youngest is asleep in daddy's arms on the couch. Nothing better than that in my books.

 
At January 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Jenni said...

I have been thinking about your wedding this week. The size 4 dress I wore (as I still have baby weight:) The rain, Oh the rain... Getting lost on the way to or from Ikea. Baby Jeremiah rolling all over the bedroom floor (while I was trying to sleep;) I see the dress Kate wore hanging in the closet and remember that she was Lucy's size and she is so big now... Most of all I remember your happiness and I am so glad that you are still building your marriage. Keep the flame burning!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home