This Page

has been moved to new address

Sludge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Sludge

Friday, December 19, 2008

Sludge

Isn't that a great word?! It's a very descriptive word, I think. No one ever lacks for some sort of picture in their head when someone chooses to use that word. Sure, maybe you are picturing that thick tarry mud in the lake by the reeds where you lost your favorite water shoe (oh wait, that was me) as a kid, when I mean the sludge (also called gunk) in your pipes on a real bad day.

I don't think anyone thinks of good and happy things when they hear the word sludge (sledge, maybe, but not sludge). No one thinks "mmm... Christmas Sludge... I like mine with a cup of Cocoa! Anyone have a peppermint stick?" So when I title this post "Sludge", I'm sure most of you are asking yourselves, "Wow, do I really want to read this?"... while the rest of you are thinking, "Ok, maybe I can get a laugh at her expense before I go clean the poop out of all the crevices of the crib." Either way, I'm sharing it... all are welcome.

Not only do I have sludge... I have sludge x2! Both, yes both, of my children have sludge coming out of their noses... just about all the time. It isn't as bad as it will be tomorrow (we are just getting into it), but it's still pretty sticky and gross! This whole long post is simply to say that! Thank you... now I don't feel so alone.

Can I go back to the other day when it was just clear runniness we couldn't keep up with???

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Irene said...

I guess Elias is in good company!

 
At December 20, 2008 at 12:45 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Isn't it funny how you can come up with a whole blog post about snot??!! I've been right there with you recently!

 
At December 20, 2008 at 3:07 PM , Blogger lafondsi said...

We are in the same boat over here. I think the whole world is sick. Luckily most of the sludge is coming from me and my daughter's is finally clearing up... 2 year olds... don't want to use the bulb syringe and can't figure out how to blow their nose! arghhh!! You are not alone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home