This Page

has been moved to new address

Finally

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Finally

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finally

For right around a year now, I've been including Tornado in some of my chores (you know... the ones I actually do). As many of you can attest to, including babies and toddlers in our work does only one thing... make things harder to do, and makes them take longer! But, we take hope and do it anyway... dreaming of the payoff in the end.

Well, today I had a glimpse of what I've been working toward. Tornado was a touch clingy as I headed down the hall to get the clean laundry out of the dryer. I decided to try distraction. "Can you get the basket from the living room for Mommy?" I asked him. Off he went. You never can be sure what will happen next. Will he come back? No one can say. But he did. And down the hall he was coming with the laundry basket. As he handed it to me he said a very clear, "thank you". (He uses it correctly most of the time, but we aren't 100% yet.)

I put the basket in front of the dryer and asked him if he would put all the clothes into the basket for mommy. He got right to it. And he was doing so well, I thought I'd take the other basket (full with baby clothes ready to be put away) in to their room to put them away (I know... crazy). Sure... it took him longer than it would have taken me to do all the jobs, but the point is that I got something else done while he did his job. That is a big step!

Have your little ones shown any recent break throughs?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

I haven't had any breakthroughs recently, but my little girl is starting to be a real help. She can run to the other room to get something, and she helps me keep an eye on my son. When I hear, "No, Daniel, no, Daniel," I know that I'd better check on him NOW not in 30 seconds!

 
At January 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger janie said...

Wow, that's awesome! Monkey has really picked up speed in the manner department lately, saying please and thank pretty much consistently...funny thing happened today, we're at Target in a crowded aisle, and she yells (I mean yells), "Mooooovve pleeeease!" ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home