This Page

has been moved to new address

"no" food

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: "no" food

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"no" food

I'm really struggling to figure meals out this week. Last nights meal was good. I thawed salmon and we had it with asparagus and barley (though I end up with a hurting stomach when we eat barley straight, so I don't know if we'll do that again. Thankfully no one else is bothered.) I have tons of beef (steaks, roasts, and ground beef--we buy our beef by the 1/4 cow from a local farm) but not much else. I'm out of brown rice and have limited pasta. No canned tomato products aside from spaghetti sauce (and My Beloved would really rather not do spaghetti AGAIN.) Running out of milk, and few fresh fruits and veggies.

While I sit here and type I'm thinking of some things I do have, but I need the creative juices (and lack of interruption) to come up with something from them. I'm planning to cook up this for dinner tonight, but I'm still at a loss for tomorrow night. Any ideas for things that are quick and simple with few ingredients (not chicken since we're out)?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Cynda Western Felini said...

Mealsforyou.com is one of my favorite sites. It has a place where you can type in your ingredient(s) and it will give you a recipe. This is a how I use up the last of my produce before heading to the grocery store.

 
At April 23, 2009 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Sandy said...

I like this mealsforyou site, it will help me with using up my pantry before heading to the store. Thanks a bunch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home