This Page

has been moved to new address

Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment

Though things are rough this morning, yesterday didn't end too bad. Final score, 4-5. Four "losses" in the morning that almost drove me to quit, followed by 5 wonderful victories in the afternoon and evening. Add to that a dry nap time diaper and a dry "out shopping for an hour or so" diaper. That means that we only used one diaper yesterday... instead of 4-6. I think that's pretty great!

I'm close to giving up again today with 3 "accidents" in 30 minutes. But she did potty once this morning before the accidents began. We'll see what today's final score is. I'm taking some deep breaths and needing to lean heavily on God for patience today.

J's "method" calls for being done for the day if you get through all nine (though I don't think I have quite that many) pairs of trainers in a day. At that point I'm free to go back to diapers and rest my frazzled mind. We didn't get that far yesterday... so I'd say that's a good thing!

Anyone else trying to potty train right now???

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Little Mommy said...

I'm potty training my 31/2 year old right now. He is really good about staying dry. He just hasn't reached the stage where he will ask to potty on his own and you need to ask him. But he also has great bladder control and get's frustrated when you ask him to go all the time. I'd say he can go 2-3 hours at a time no problem right now. He's also resisting doing #2 in the potty. But if I am paying close enough attention I can usually catch him when he is needing to do that and then I just need to convince him it is better to do it on the potty then in his underwear-sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. My 20 month old wants to use the potty (we take off hi diaper and he runs to the potty and makes a noise with his mouth like his is going #1 but he just doesn't have bladder control yet. And he always says "no diaper on!". But I am not sure I am up to training two of them in underwear at the same time-even if it would be GREAT to have just one in diapers in 7 weeks when the new baby comes.

 
At January 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Even though our current reasoning for potty training now is saving the money on diapers, we have an overall goal of having Tornado night time trained and Sweet Pea daytime trained by the time the baby comes in August! It's an important goal to my husband too! :)

 
At January 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I really would encourage you to night and day train at the same time. It is so worth the effort! All of my kids have gone from diapers all day and night to underwear all day and night. To me, it is better to train all at once than teach them it is okay to wet at night, but then during the day, you have to use the potty. I am certainly not trying to be bossy or judgemental :-), but just thought my idea was worth throwing out. s

 
At January 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous Cindy Platt said...

LOL, yeah about a hundred kids all at once!

Congratulations and keep it up. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home