This Page

has been moved to new address

A New Year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A New Year

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year


It seems I have taken a bit of a sabbatical from blogging this past month. It wasn't my intention, or I surely would have let you know. I do believe I even told you all I was planning to be around a bit more... then I disappeared from everywhere. On the tail end of November's busy-ness, a deep tiredness overtook me in December, only to be enhanced by a very strong nausea.

I'm pregnant!

Those of you who know me, or have been around a while know that I get pretty sick when I'm pregnant. But in light of the last time, when I wasn't sick at all, I'm thrilled to be seeing the tangable effects of pregnancy hormones. Though I sometimes need to be reminded that I'm so thrilled!

In addition to all that, Christmas came. And with it a 2 week visit from my mom. I just gave up even trying to want to keep up with things and chose to just roll with it all. My mom came and did all the dishes and kitchen clean up for 2 whole weeks! She also helped with the house in a number of other areas as well as playing with the kids and getting up with them in the morning so that I could sleep in. It was so helpful... especially on the many days I curled up with a blanket on the couch to decrease "morning" sickness. Lots of game playing and shopping filled the rest of the time.

But now, decorations are away, the house is in some form of recovery, and the new year is here. With it comes a new household schedule, new found hope for staying up with the house and kids and... preschool!

That's right... before learning we were expecting, I already had big plans to begin Tornado with preschool this month. I'll be using Hubbard's Cupboard curriculum for 3s. I've looked all over at it and it is wonderful. It's just exactly what I would have wanted to create for us if I had all the creativity and resources and experience she has. Tornado turned 3 last month and he is so ready for preschool. I'll be adapting the 38 weeks down to 28 so that I can fit it into the 30ish weeks I have left before baby arrives. I'll be trying to share our experiences along the way (we started today and had a lot of fun!)

So what will the new year look like for my blog??? Honestly, I could tell you, but I'd probably fail to follow through. I'd love to get some menus up now and again, share some pregnancy stuff, and chronicle this first time homeschooling mom's journey through preschool. Of course that is in addition to all the other randomness that happens around here. I'll try to stick around!

Happy New Year!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Little Mommy said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. I would love to hear how the pre-school homeschooling of Tornado is going as my oldest is also 3 and I had plans to start in the fall with him but other things got in the way (including that "deep tiredness" of pregnancy- although I thought it was something else all together at the time!) but it's my new years resolution to get to some of it now.
Congrats again on the pregnancy- much health and happiness.

 
At January 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! I had wondered if the busyness of Christmas was keeping you occupied. Congratulations, this is very good news! I pray your pregnancy will be healthy. :)

 
At January 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Many congratulations! I was thinking of you this month and wondering if maybe pregnancy explained your absence. So happy to hear my suspicions were correct. What a blessing to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home