This Page

has been moved to new address

... and Counting (a little game)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: ... and Counting (a little game)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

... and Counting (a little game)


Ok, I'm forty weeks and counting! (I'm the one counting!) Today is the official due date... which to me means today is the only day I *know* I won't be having baby, right?!?

My Beloved snapped this quick picture for you all this morning before leaving for work. I don't know if it does justice or not. Sunday morning at church about a half dozen people came up to me to inform me that I was "really low" and "had dropped" and it surely "wouldn't/couldn't be long now". I decided right then that they were cursing me to being overdue in some way. We'll see just how badly. :)

On the plus side, I slept better last night than I have in a LONG time! Weeks at least! And the cherry on top is that Tornado slept later than I did! No 6:15 wake up call for this tired mamma. I was actually still in bed, and asleep, when the alarm went off at 8! Woo Hoo! (We revel in small victories around here these days!)

So... in honor of this little one who is, apparently, not quite ready to join us, I'm thinking a little game is in order. I promise no prize (unless I think of something and come up with the time in postpardum... hahaha) but the winner can bask in the satisfaction of being the winner! (I'm a giver!)

The game: How late will I go???

Some information:
  • Today is my official due date.
  • Tornado was one week late, Sweet Pea was two days early.
  • We are not planning on our doctor's standard induction at the "one week late" mark.
  • We may let them induce at two weeks overdue, but I don't know.
The question to answer (in the comments): How overdue will this baby be? (how many days is good enough)

Tie breaker: Any other info you want to guess... weight, time born, length, etc.


So there you have it... give it a go. Entertain me. And no, I won't be offended by extra far guesses. Are you a lurker??? Encourage this tired mamma by jumping in and playing along! I'd love to hear from all of my readers. It makes me smile!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I'm guessing you will have the baby boy on August 5, just in time for the weekend. I tend to go into labor at night so I'll say you will, too, and he will be born by 10 in the morning. I'll guess that he will be 8 pounds even and 20.5 inches long.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Let's see...I think you'll have this baby on Sunday, Sunday evening, just in time to mess up your husband's work week. As for weight and length, well, Kristin's guesses sound good to me.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Ryan and Sandra said...

Hi there, tired mamma, :)

I'll come out of lurking to play...

My guess is that you have 5 more days to wait to meet your little one and see his (no doubt incredibly darling) face--I think you'll give birth on Sunday August 8th.

For a tie-breaker, let's see...

How about you give birth sometime after church is over and are even able to attend the service.

And a weight: 8 lbs. 10 oz. (on the big side, I know, but you've clearly seen your own belly lately! *wink* Which, for the record, I find very nice. I hope to have one equally round within a year. *smile*)

For his height/length, I'll guess 22".

 
At August 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Irene said...

I'm guessing this Wednesday...around 10 PM...8 lbs 3 oz. You are going to do wonderfully!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Holly said...

humm!!! lets see....I am guessing birthdate of Aug. 6th at 4:30am ...wt. 7lb 7oz and 19 1/2 in long....good luck I will be praying for you

 
At August 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Little Mommy said...

Another mostly lurker coming out to play...

Within the next 24 hours. If it is today, birth time around 10pm. If it is tomorrow I am going to guess between 4 and 6 am.
Weight 8lbs 9 ozs
Length 20 1/2 inches

Good luck and I hope everything goes well.

 
At August 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, let's see......I am going to go with 3 days...so that makes it FRI!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home