This Page

has been moved to new address

It could be me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: It could be me

Monday, February 21, 2011

It could be me

It's everywhere. I'm surrounded. We all are, aren't we? I can almost guarantee you know someone. I know them by the handful. Ann talks of hers. Amy lives it.

Here, in real life, the numbers keep growing. One precious adopted grandma to my babies is gives up part of herself today... hoping the bad cells go too. Another special lady trusts completely as they watch her liver so close. Will those cells shrink? Will they be able to operate?

Our hearts remember each Sunday when we smile at him. It's only been a few months since we said good-bye to his sweet wife. Her battle here finished, but rejoicing and celebration There! A life well lived!

At 15, new marrow in her bones, each day she fights, each day she trusts. The blood is almost entirely hers, but the battle is not over.

The older gentleman worshiping with raised hands, he beams so that we can't tell how his body fights within. How the side effects ravage him.


There are more. So many more... each whose lives we've been so blessed to touch... to have been touched by.

I can't help but think today... there is no reason it's not me. Only that God has written the stories of each of us. And today my story is health... strength. But we do not know what tomorrow may bring. So for today I am grateful. Grateful for health. For strength. And for so many more....

May I always remember as I pick up my daily list of to dos, that I can do them... and praise be to God for that.




More of my 1000...

179. that He forgives when we stop giving Him thanks.

180. that we are only ever one thought, word, moment from the next opportunity to offer it up again!

181. health

182. strength: to clean potty off the floor, to carry my baby just because she wants me to, to read one more story, teach one more lesson, wash one more dish

183. that I can scrub my floor, wash my dishes, fold my laundry.

184. His constant presence!

185. a constant dialog

186. patience taught one moment, one event, one failure at a time

187. patience received from others

188. when they sleep

189. lessons learned when they aren't

190. laundry to fold (without babies there would be none)

191. dishes to do (without babies there would be so few)

192. help with the dusting

193. giggles with I Love Yous!

194. "we're playing a game!" {giggles}

195. clapping

196. laughing

197. hugs

198. kisses

199. cuddles

200. grey skies!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Leslie Young said...

Just wandered over from Ann's and I'm so glad I did - what a beautiful post, and so, so true! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy chasing those babies! My nest is empty and I'm cherishing our "adult" relationships, but I savor the memories of chasing them as babies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home