This Page

has been moved to new address

On the Table Tuesday ~ Free Motion Quilting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: On the Table Tuesday ~ Free Motion Quilting

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On the Table Tuesday ~ Free Motion Quilting

One of these days, I've promised myself, I'm going to actually take pictures of my quilts outside... during the day. You know, when pictures of stuff actually look nice. Hey... I'd even settle for nice window light. Not this after the sun's gone down with the light of as many lamps as I can figure stuff.

I tell you... the photographer in me cringes every time I post pictures like these. But the blogger and mommy of 3 says, hey... if you want pictures, you're going to have to take what you can get. And she wins. Hands down. Every time! I've even settled with sending less than stellar pics of the kids to family these days. Because as far as they are concerned... it's better than no pics! And they are right.


So where was I??? Ah yes. This very cute quilt! I must say that it's the first fabric I've ever purchased from a quilt shop.

I know.

I'll wait.

Crazy (at least to those of you who quilt). And hopefully it won't be my last.

I have to admit though, that I only got it because it was on sale... $5 a yard. And then everything was 20% off for this one day thing. We randomly stopped in on the right day!

I came up with the pattern on my own. I love doing that. And... I'm free motion quilting it all. I almost didn't... but I gave in and took the risk.


Here's a better view. And by better I don't mean that it looks all that great... just that you can see the mess better.


Some parts get a little messy... but overall, when you look at that top pic. You can't tell and I really like it.

And I'm thrilled I picked the pink thread too...


...especially on the back!

Ahem... don't look to closely. I'm (cover your eyes for this next part) leaving it this way!


Yes... even this terrible loop. Though I may try to tuck it or tack it or something when all is said and done.


Still... I think when I eventually gift it, no one will be the wiser!

Now if we could all just get well over here so I can get back to my sewing. I don't feel well enough to care these days! Perhaps I'll make myself another herbal tea!~

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 1, 2011 at 4:16 AM , Blogger Sarah @ In Pleasant Places said...

I absolutely love it! It's so pretty! The pastel colours and the contrasting work really well. Did you free motion this by hand? I haven't tried free motioning yet, but I will soon. I really, really like it!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

I have always quilted by hand, but I'm trying to learn machine free motion quilting. It's harder than I gave it credit for, but with time and practice I'm determined to get there. It does seem to take forever though because I don't have as much time to work on it as some. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home