This Page

has been moved to new address

Belle's Birthstory ~ Part 3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Belle's Birthstory ~ Part 3

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Belle's Birthstory ~ Part 3

Did you miss parts 1 and 2?


While the nurse was helping me get comfortable on my side and getting the monitors hooked up, there was a knock at the door... and a man's voice.  My Beloved went to answer it (since I was not decent at that moment) and I asked the nurse to make sure I was covered up in back.  It was our pastor and his wife with missionary friends who would be leaving in the morning.  My Beloved talked with them in the hall for a moment while Nicole worked to locate and keep the baby's heart beat in the monitor.

She did find it, but only if a bit of pressure was applied.  "I wonder if your husband would be willing to hold this?" She asked... so I called to him. Once he was settled on the bed next to me, we invited our visitors in.  Not the most opportune time, but sweet of them to want to come since they were leaving in the morning.

We visited a couple minutes, then Pastor said they wouldn't stay, but "let's pray."  Just at that moment, a contraction came.  "Oh, could you wait a sec?" I asked, closing my eyes.  And then as it ended, "Okay, let's do this!"  I was feeling urgency to have them done and gone before the next contraction.

While he prayed, I started feeling the slightest bit sick and I focused hard not to be.  As they left, my friend said something about hoping it would be soon.  "I want to push that button before you get to the parking lot," I joked, only sort of joking.

They they were gone, and before they reached the double doors by the nurses station, I told My Beloved that I was going to be sick.  He moved quickly from behind me, bringing the basin he had all ready for this moment (I'm always sick in transition!)  He brought it just in time!  Between heaves (sorry for TMI) and surely before my visitors were in the elevator, I squeaked out a quiet "push the button".

A nurse clicked through, but never even asked what we needed.  No doubt they could hear me.  They clicked right back off and my nurse and midwife were there in a moment.

Like much of my labor, this transition was different than the others.  I didn't experience tremors or extreme heat and sweating.  I even felt fine again after.  Very discouraging as I felt like I was going backward, not making progress.  I took the nurses advice to try a different position, but when the contraction began on my hands and knees, I didn't like it.  I was relieved to be on my right side by the time the next contraction came.  My midwife stepped out to use the bathroom before it would be time to start. 

It was while she was gone that I felt the urge to push.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home