This Page

has been moved to new address

A quick update

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A quick update

Monday, April 9, 2012

A quick update

Just popping in to share a quick update

3 weeks old yesterday. 

Things are looking up a little.  She seems to be nursing stronger.  I actually hear swallowing from time to time.  And she's gaining.  Not much... but something.  Up 1.5 ounces on Saturday.  And stayed about the same since.  But she's not dropping weight.  Hopefully she won't anymore.  Yesterday I skipped cup feeding expressed milk after each nursing (feeding expressed milk from a medicine cup tiny sip at a time to avoid introducing a bottle for those of you unsure what I mean by that) because I hadn't been able to pump the night before.  I decided to just see what would happen when I weighed her today.  She was either up a tiny or the same (my scale rounds to the nearest 1/2 ounce), so I am encouraged. 

Yesterday was quite the day, between not cup feeding and too much sleep... therefore only getting 7 feedings in rather than 8.  I really expected her to drop... but no. 

Please keep praying.  My scale read 8 pounds 8 ounces this morning.  Birth weight was 9 pounds 9 ounces.  Keeping in mind that the two scales are different and we don't know how they compare... we're still a ways off. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home