This Page

has been moved to new address

Potty Training Review

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Potty Training Review

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Potty Training Review

Well, we gave it a short try... and now we are going to put it on hold for a bit. Sunday we went all out and tried to go diaperless. The hopes were that he would notice he was going, or at least be uncomfortable when he did. Not only did he not seem to notice, but he didn't care after the fact. 6 pair of pants and 6 pair of undies later we decided it isn't worth the frustration right now (especially with me being sick--the main reason we did it on Sunday. With me sick, we weren't at church anyway.)

So... we will try again in a couple months. No failure... just first attempt!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2008 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Karen S. said...

When your feeling better, try potty training rewards. This worked great for our son. He loved pushing the audio push button hearing he is a Big Boy and opening a door to find a chocolate surprise. He really became involved. He was peeing and pooping in his potty within a week. I know every child is different, b ut have a look and see if this would work for you. www.pottytrainingrewards.com

 
At October 7, 2008 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

A big DITTO. :-P I did that a little over a month ago. Judah pretty much freaked out after the second "accident." Not even Thomas the Train or Handy Manny undies will entice him. He tells me "not yet, Mommy" when I ask if he wants to potty train. 2 1/2 is a little early for boys anyway. And I like what you said...not a failure, just the first attempt. Thanks for that encouragment!

 
At October 8, 2008 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Donielle said...

You know, I don't think we can ever really fail at potty-training. They will learn at some point right? :-) Just hopefully before they're 5!

 
At October 8, 2008 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Gwyneth Paltrow said...

Men’s Health Magazine (Sept. '08issue) recommends Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro by Teri Crane.

My husband picked us up a copy after reading the article. IT REALLY WORKS!!

Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate, I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.

Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend

Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!! How COOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home