This Page

has been moved to new address

Potty Training: Day 1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Potty Training: Day 1

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Potty Training: Day 1

I considered waiting to post something about this until we'd seen success... but then I decided... what fun is that? So here I am to give it to you real time. We're starting official potty training today, October 1st. I have no idea how things will go. Perhaps we will give it a good try, then step back for a while if Tornado shows no interest... but we are going to give it a real try! He is still young (22 months this Saturday), so I do expect it will take a bit longer than if we waited another year. That's ok. I'm not looking for overnight or complete success. I imagine my crib sleeping baby will still wear a diaper to bed for a long while, but we're going to see what he can do during the day time (each success is one more diaper spared).

My plans
::I will take Tornado to the potty (he has his own little one that he already likes and has used successfully a couple times since we've had it) when he wakes up and every hour-ish after that until he actually uses it. After that we'll see.

::When he does go potty, he gets to flush the big toilet (something he likes) and he will get to put a sticker on his "potty chart" (I started making an official one, but today we are just going to start with a sheet of blank paper and some old stickers from my sticker box.) He started Sunday School a couple weeks ago and they put stickers on an attendance sheet each week. I'm hoping this will be fun for him.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Liz Harrell said...

Wow, my hat is off to you.

 
At October 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Julie said...

You go girl! Let us know how it goes. I'm dreading the potty training...

 
At October 1, 2008 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Marva said...

The twins are right in the midst of potty training. I feel your pain!

I just tagged you!

Blessings!

 
At October 2, 2008 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Donielle said...

I started mine at 24 months and within days he was trained for #1. Physically boys aren't ready until they reach 22-24 months, their bladders actually can't hold it until then, so if he doesn't really seem to get it, you can always wait a bit. I'm waiting to do my own P.T. post since we're still working on #2 (he's a stander upper and the sitting on the potty to go isn't working that great!)

One thing that helped us out was not taking him to the potty unless he said he had to go, it makes them learn to feel what their body is doing instead of just releasing because of the cool air. (think newborn boy!) I wanted HIM to be potty trained, not me trained to take him every half hour. :-)

I just stuck him in regular underpants and cotton pants so when he went it soaked all the way down his legs. He hated it and figured out how to hold it within a day.

Good Luck! It sure takes patience!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home