This Page

has been moved to new address

Review: New Baby Signing Time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Review: New Baby Signing Time

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Review: New Baby Signing Time

A few weeks ago I received an email from the people at Signing Time. It's good news. During the month of October, they are releasing two new Baby Signing Time DVDs and they wanted me to preview them and write a review. Of course I wasted no time... once I had My Beloved's blessing that is... in responding. What a special blessing for me. First of all, we love Signing Time at my house; secondly, what an honor for them to ask me!

And what perfect timing God arranged for. We had returned the Signing Time video we had to the library and didn't get another when Tornado became sick and was diagnosed with RAD. What do you do with a 21 month old who can't run around or get worked up? Monday morning the mail arrived, and with it, my previews of the new Baby Signing Time DVDs! Thank you Lord. Tornado was thrilled and Signing Time came to our rescue again! And we watched these new volumes many times that week!

So what do I think of them?? What is my review? I think Rachel and company did a great job yet again! Volume 3 introduced Tornado to weather and nature (among other things). Just this last week as it poured down on us at church, he said clear as day "rain". I'd never heard him say it before and didn't know he knew it. It wasn't until this week when we watched it together again that I realized where he'd learned it. Not only is he learning signs, but learning what things are called and how to say them as well.

Check out a quick sampling from Volume 3:


Volume 4 introduced him to basic emotions as well as a number of other things. I was most excited about the emotions. That can be a tricky thing to teach an almost 2 year old, but somehow with pictures, songs and signing, Rachel makes it look easy.

Check out a bit from volume 4:


Once again, fun animation, mixed with real children and Rachel, herself, come together to make a fun way for my little one to learn, not just sign language, but all the things our little ones learn at this age. Not only does he understand so much, but we also have the opportunity to communicate with one another, whether it is an animal he sees through the window or something he needs to tell me, like what he wants for lunch or that his sister is crying.

Signing Time gives my little one an entertaining way to learn new words and signs. Baby Signing Time brings these things to his level. I am so thankful for the opportunity to use these resources with my babies and I look forward to more from Signing Time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Blogger CC said...

Congrats on making the top 10 review. :)

 
At October 4, 2008 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Cut me some slack ;) I hadn't commented yet but I linked to you! That has to count for something. Thanks for the good clean review!

~Rachel
www.signingtime.com/rachel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home