This Page

has been moved to new address

Out of house and home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Out of house and home

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Out of house and home

It seems my little Tornado is going through a bit of a growth spurt... at least I am hoping that is what's going on. He just keeps eating and eating and eating! Just this morning he had at least a cup of oatmeal, 1/4-1/2 cup applesauce, and a whole banana. Oh, and 3/4 cups orange juice. (Hmmm... lots of fruit.) I'm finding myself unprepared for his bottomless pit. He would have eaten more if I could have figured out what to give. I fed what I was planning, but when he wants more I just stare dumbfound into the cupboards and fridge (much like I've been doing as I try to feed Sweet Pea these days.)

Anyone else experienced this type of thing? Does it sound like a growth spurt to you? Any ideas for filling snacks and meal add-ons? Maybe something I can make ahead and offer.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At January 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Marva said...

My boys even though preemies, have always done this. At a year old we went through bottles and bottles of ready to feed formula each week, 5 boxes of cheerios, 90 jars of baby food and 40 cartons of yogurt......that was each WEEK!

Right now, they are 2....almost 3 in March and we fill them up with Cheerios, baked crackers, milk, fruits and dried fruits and things of that nature, after meals and in between.

I also do wholesome type muccins and they both love those. Lots of raisins, appleas, bananas, ect.

Blessings!

 
At January 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Someone Being Me said...

I give Bear raisins, granola bars, goldfish crackers, wheat bread with peanut butter, cheese cubes or scrambled eggs as in between meal snacks.

 
At January 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I try to always have cheese sticks and grapes on hand to fill Charlotte's belly when she is extra hungry. Cheerios and gold fish crackers work too.

 
At January 29, 2009 at 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guy will go through periods like that. Usually right before a growth spurt. He'll get super chunky and then, wham! He grows up by inches! :-)

Keeping hard boiled eggs around helps for moments when they still want food. Super healthy and if you peel them before tossing them in the fridge, they're super easy to eat!
Premade sausage patties are yummy too! (I just posted my recipe on my site www.NaturallyKnockedUp.com) Just heat and serve!

Muffins and breads are easy to make ahead as well and either keep in the freezer for long term, or the cupboard short term.

Usually when I go grocery shopping I buy fruit and veggies that I cut up all at once and toss in the fridge for quick snacks or meal add-ons. I'll cut peppers, celery, and carrots into thin strips and those are easy to pair with a dip or dressing. Sometimes I'll cutup a melon and have that ready to go. Grapes are wonderful because they're basically a finger food. We also have frozen blueberries in the freezer too.

I try and stay away from fillers with empty calories and no real nutrition and stay with the nutrient dense things like whole foods. The less processed the better! And more filling too.

 
At January 29, 2009 at 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yogurt and cheese sticks. Home-made healthy cookies (you can add 1/4-1/2cup protein powder to cookies and it goes unnoticed.) Raisins and nuts also make the cookies more satisfying and good for little hands. Milk and other foods fortified with vitamin D. Jenni Birch

 
At January 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Plummy Mummy said...

Agree with the other posters on things like raisins - our little one likes sultanas and apricots.

We have also found scrambled egg works esp when you add things like leek.

Other things that work well are - pitta and humous
cheese cubes
boiled potatoe mashed with milk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home