This Page

has been moved to new address

"Animal kicking froggie"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: "Animal kicking froggie"

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Animal kicking froggie"

Anyone want to venture a guess at what this means??? No? Now about "animal kicking bee"? Still no? Well, you're in good company. We have no idea either.

In the last couple days, Tornado has taken to saying, crying and sometimes yelling (as in right now) these phrases when we put him down to bed or nap time... and he does it over and over. We've tried talking to him about it. We've asked him what he's talking about (does anyone else wish that it were that easy?)

The other night My Beloved spent 10 minutes going through all the animals Tornado talked about, answering each one with, "No, doggy's outside; the lion went home; the elephant is sleeping outside", all in the hopes that working with toddler logic would work better than working against it. All to no avail.

I'm just not sure what to do about it... I've hugged it out, over and over-assured him that it's fine, and even taught him to tell the animals not to kick the froggie. That last one he will relate to me when I go in there in a few minutes. No, no... nothing works. I'll just resign myself to smiling at the silliness and wait for the next phase to come along. :)

What unexplainable things do your little ones say or do??? Really, I'd love to know we're not alone. :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 11, 2009 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is definately different. Has he watched something or have you read to him something that had a froggie in it? Poor froggie.
mine did say funny things. but thier poor minds were mush trying to learn two languages and what came out was a mixture of the two. It still comes out rather funny.

 
At March 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

My guess would be he had a weird dream that was a bit scary to him. I am not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes. It's so hard when they are at that age and communication is tough. I have a 19 month old who has started throwing tantrums. My oldest two never ever did this so I have no idea what to do. Today just walking away from her seemed to work best. Of course your little one is actually trying to tell you what is wrong so that isn't something to walk away from. I'll give this some more thought and let you know if I think of something or see and animals kicking froggies on the shows my little girls watch lol.

 
At March 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

That's just it... my little ones don't watch programs. We don't have a TV and only let him watch Signing Time DVDs on the computer. I figure he just has a great imagination and has created this thing in his head.

The other night I told him the bee was going to be ok because it could kick back. I have a feeling that one's going to come back to bite me later. :)

 
At March 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I'm with Misty. I'm thinking maybe he had a bad dream. It is hard for little ones to differentiate between dream and reality. Even my 6-year-old will still say things like, "Did we eat icecream yesterday or was that in my dream?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home