This Page

has been moved to new address

Heading toward healthy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Heading toward healthy

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Heading toward healthy

I mentioned a while back that we've made some changes in our lifestyle for the healthier. I suppose you could say this is an understatement. With every new change and piece of research, something new turns up that needs to be researched and, usually, implemented into our lifestyle. More and more organic foods have entered our diets and more and more plastic toys have left our home. We've learned so much and implemented so much in such a short period of time that it's hard to look back and share it with you in bite sized pieces... but that is exactly what I want to do.

While I am in no way the type to judge you for the decisions you make, we are becoming extremely passionate about the things we have been learning and want to make some if the information available to you... hopefully without scaring you off.

Know that while we are going the healthy route... we are not die hard. If we were, the occasional sour cream donuts wouldn't wander home with My Beloved for our movie snack or every bite of the Dunkin Hines cake friends made wouldn't be savored. I guess you could say we figure that if the majority of what we eat is healthy, the once and a while "poison" won't hurt as bad. Or maybe we'll get really disciplined one of these days. I'll let you know.

I say all these things today as more of an accountability tool for myself. I want to start pulling this info together for you... and now that I've said that, maybe I'll actually do it. In the mean time... is there anything in particular you do to make your family a little bit healthier??? Or are you making plans to "miss" my posts on this topic? I'd love to know where my readers stand. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 25, 2009 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Marva said...

I always am open for new info, especially "lived" information that is benefical to us all. thanks and blessings!

 
At February 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM , Blogger haisha9804 said...

I would love to hear your ideas. I myself have being trying to do the same things for my family. We have made a few small changes and are trying to add more each week really. We have done simple thing like my husband loves sweet tea drinks alot of it. So I switched him to green tea and we now use organic sugar not just in the tea but anything we use sugar for. I have 3 girls and their snack bucket contains "healthier" stuff such as granola bars and fruit snacks is the closest thing to candy. We have candy on movie nights or holidays. I find that they don't really ask for it much now. I have been trying as hard as i could for the last year to get them to try more fruits and such and finally they are. I also found the trick to getting them to try it is to see other child eat it which brings me to the next thing we did. We enrolled my oldest into a hula hoop class. I am next. We we have class is great. In a big room and although the youngest two can't hoop they have plenty of room to run around and daddy is getting exercise chasing them. Hooping is a blast and is so much more fun than working out. Then of course you have to practice the tricks at home through the week. Other things...Wii Fit!!! Major work out! Another that will seem silly is the Long version of the Cha Cha Slide. It is over 6 minutes long and it also a work out. 6 minutes here and there through the day really adds up. I know there are more thing but I have written you a novel already lol.

 
At February 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Blogger haisha9804 said...

Another thing we are working on. Going out to eat or ordering in only done on the weekend of pay day. I am a stay at home mom and he only gets paid every two weeks so this makes Mcdonalds or Pizza Hut twice a month if we stick to it. I am really trying to do so. I also slowly stopped giving them capri suns or any juice box drinks. We have sippy cups for a reason lol. %100 juice in the big bottles. Saves money also.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home